Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed gone lower [solved]

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: My speed gone lower

Ok that's fine then. That "box" is not quite the type I expected then, but never mind, just make sure after it's back in place it's as waterproof as it was before you had a look (or better even if it needs to be!).
On your socket in the bedroom then just gently remove that green wire from terminal 3, it should pull out vertically from the terminal. Obviously don't disturb 2 & 5. Everything else you can just put back. On the assumption that your modem/router is connected at the moment, I wouldn't disconnect it at this time of day, it shouldn't be necessary anyway just to remove that wire. After you've done that make sure the unused wires are gentle coiled towards the back of the box where they won't contact any terminals. Then screw the plate back.
When you've done that, post a set of ADSL stats from the modem/router.
leeanthony
Grafter

in that case il do it tomorrow then yeah, i dont wana disconnect it myself my connection has been perfect i think today, wel no drops at all in router stats
so il disconnect to remove that green wire tomorrow and then post the stats
heres some more router stats today though

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 6:57:22
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,400
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.5 / 35.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.0 / 13.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 39 / 195
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 23 / 119
Anotherone
Champion

Well done with that lot, looks reasonable so far.
Should hopefully see a decent reduction in noise variation when that green wire is removed.
Look forward to tomorrows stats and graphs.
leeanthony
Grafter

Ive removed the green wire froom my socket now,
I turned the router off for 5 minutes first before doing it and when I turned it back on I ran into problems. This router never gives me a straight forward reconnect when I reboot it, when the internet appears to have reconnected, it never actually works straight away. But this time It seemed much more serious, I couldnt get around it. Whatever website I tried to go on, it just keep sending me to this! Tongue Ended up phoning Plusnet  Cry
I am tempted to buy a new router tbh, I have a feeling these ones from Plusnet are cheap and nasty  Tongue
Check screenie
leeanthony
Grafter

As for stats from my router:
Now with that green wire removed
Uptime: 0 days, 0:04:20
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.0 / 15.0
Internet was on all night again, through the morning again. Again not 1 drop in the noise margin  Smiley
leeanthony
Grafter

just some graph of 2day
Anotherone
Champion

Hi again,
Well it's looking promising. That difficulty reconnecting yesterday was likely to be due to the problems PN were having with a gateway, that's why you got the BTw screen. There is a couple of Service Status notices posted about it. Obviously you got sync with the exchange, which is the most important thing to start, otherwise you wouldn't have got anything else.
Is that the Thomson 585v7 modem/router you were referring to?
Can you post the current stats from the Router sometime this evening, also a graph from last night, say about 0200, also one from this evening, some time after 1900.
(I'll reply to your PM shortly).
leeanthony
Grafter

Hey
Well because of that problem with the router before, I restarted my PC and I forgot to take pictures of the graphs Sad
Yeah TG585 v7 is my router
Heres my stats and Il post a graph from the last few hours
Uptime: 0 days, 8:03:05
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.0 / 14.5
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 650
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 353
leeanthony
Grafter

Hey yo
Well the past couple of days, day and night, all times, there hasnt been a single drop. The graphs were looking pretty much the same pattern and I was beginning to get abit of hope  Cry until just now when I looked.. It looks quite worrying, not just the big drop going upwards either, but before and after that, there pretty much just pure straight lines.. not zig zags or nothing, Ive never seen that before so dont know what it means good or bad, or in my case probably very bad knowing my luck Shocked
leeanthony
Grafter

Arghh!
Download speedachieved during the test was - 3791 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4544 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 4000 Kbps

They put my profile lower again  Cry god damn them
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm, not nice, what else may have changed - both sky still unplugged? Was a phone call made 1405-1423? and what about 1632? or was it an incoming call at either of the times?
What time did the sync speed change? If you have a graph of the sync, can you post it?
Can you also post the current stats from the modem/router.
Your comment about graphs yesterday leads me to think you haven't set up capture on RouterStats Lite. First goto the Setup Tab.
Then on the Graphs tab I think you've already set Sample every 8 seconds and 900 points per page.
On the Capture tab define the folder where you want to save graphs. Tick all 3 capture boxes.
On the Log tab define the folder and name of logfile to save. Tick Enable log, Comma seperated values, Log top status line & log every 4 samples.
On the System tab, tick Minimise to system tray, Prompt before closing, Show noise margin on tray icon, & show tooltip hints. Don't bother with the others.
leeanthony
Grafter

A phone call was received yeah, at 13:41. I just dialled 1471 to double check Cheesy Thats the only phone call that has been received today that I am aware of, and no one here made a call out
Ive done all the settings you told me to do now
I will show all graphs from that I have currently have since yesterday attached below, and heres the router stats
Uptime: 0 days, 0:34:39
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,080
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.0 / 15.0
leeanthony
Grafter

leeanthony
Grafter

connection speed one and noise margin, these both automatic from the program capture thingy + ok will just keep it to the important graphs from now on sorry about that  Embarrassed
Anotherone
Champion

Not to worry, just the one before (don't bother repeating any this time) any that show any problems will do and say a sample from night or day if otherwise ok.
If you keep all the graphs, can always ask for a specific one if you haven't posted one that may be of interest.
I take it that was you doing a power down reboot at 1942?
Shame you haven't got the stats from the modem/router for just before then or have you?
JFYI, not bothered about the spikes at 1328, 1930 & 1948. These look like polling issues, ie the pogramme couldn't get the stats at that instant because the computer or router was busy, note all graphs went to 0.
Looking back at the stats from yesterday evening, the CRC errors are higher than I would expect considering the rest of the stats, but in light of the Noise margin graphs and how flat they went before the sync loss, I'm suspecting that whatever is causing the small variations in noise showing the greater part of the time, is what's causing the slightly higher error rate - because your line is not that long and is all underground.