cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router has died

Gimbo

My router has died

My router has died - no power or lights.  I have checked everything etc etc.  Am pretty sure it is the router not the power adapter.
i cannot contact Plusnet as their call centre is closed as is their chat and I have no broadband.  Desperately needed for work...What are my options...

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: My router has died

@Gimbo Welcome to the forum.

Chat line is not working but the phones are. They are totally overloaded so if the queue is currently too long you are automatically redirected here.

Your options are:

1. Wait and see if a Plusnet staffer picks up this post. They do come along but are equally busy so you may need to be patient.

2. Try phoning at a different time.

3. Buy a ADSL/VDSL modem router from an online supplier.

4. Ask around to see if any-one you know has a spare modem/router. Any ADSL/VDSL (just ADSL if you're not on fibre) produced by an independent supplier or a spare BT or Plusnet hub. If you're on fibre you need either a BT Home Hub 5, BT Smarthub 6 or Plusnet Hub One, these also work on ADSL. BT Home Hubs 2,3,4 and Plusner Hub Zeros only work on ADSL. All of these require special set up so come back here with details of what you have got hold of for setting instructions.

5. Go onto an auction site such as Ebay where my recommendation would be to get a BT Smarthub 6 as these are cheap, plentiful and work better than any Plusnet Hub. Again come back for setting instructions.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gimbo

Thanks very much for your help.  Am ordering one today for Friday delivery in case I cant get hold of PlusNet I might welcome some help with set up!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Gimbo 

If you advise which you are ordering I will point you to setting instructions. For example the Smarthub 6 instructions are here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'