cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet so slow last 3 weeks.just 0.4mb-0.8mb most ot times

ondi

My internet so slow last 3 weeks.just 0.4mb-0.8mb most ot times

Hi,Im plusnet new customer since begin of february.before plusnet i was bt and talktalk customer  and never ever big problem,but after chance my internet provider problem start.my wife wanted sky broadband but after online chat plusnet sales advisor,i decided plusnet.because he said me my post code area plusnet minumum speed 5.5mb and avarage 6.5mb. but i never  ever close this speed since day one after 2 weeks plusnet send me  speed comfirmation just 2mb,it was well under plusnet advisor promised me.anyway i also never ever see any line speed 2 mb .usually under 1 mb most of times.i have internet my homes since 1999  diffirent countrys but never single problem,but now my internet slower then dial-up times 10 years ago,watching video,steam,youtube nearly imposible.i bought 1 year n*w box entertiment and movie packet but ,steam is imposible my current speed .my mobile phone 3g faster then my boardband now,before open new topic nearly check all solutions as i can .reset my router lots of times,tried test socket,chance filter,check all indoor cable but not any diffirent and gonna worse,plz help.if i wont sort my problem .i ll cancel my plusnet before my contract end because very poor service(section six of the plusnet boardband familly services) and new ofcom rules.i was add my speed test result but even speed test check imposible my internet .thanks for your help guys

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: My internet so slow last 3 weeks.just 0.4mb-0.8mb most ot times

Your line is disconnecting more than I'd like to see, in turn this has caused the SNR to increase meaning your line is working to try and become more stable. This means that your speed has been reduced to try and stabilise the connection.

I'd strongly advise going through the connection troubleshooting and reporting this as a fault (which we would need time to investigate before allowing you to leave for no contractual charges).

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 22 34
SNR Margin: 1.6 9
Errored Seconds: 0 27
HEC Errors: 0 0
Cell Count: 10716 21760
Speed: 416 160

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 864 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 691
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 21573 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 33
Indicative Line Quality: C Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 255
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ondi

hi Chris,thank you quick answer my question ,yesterday night and today i tried to rising ticket Broadband Troubleshooter page u sent me but .page dont let me and everytime same answer (something seems to have gone wrong or smilar answer) really feed up now . a bit waste of time and money, ,because im never use staple speed last 2 months also pay money other services(n*w tv.am***zon prime) finally i manage speed test and my speed 0.13 mb ,yes 0.13mb a bit joke.please can u rising boardband problem ticket to me please ? and openreach engineer visit .my problem 99% out of my house line or extansion box(friends same problem and engineer sort it ) i dont choice online chat plusnet advisor because last time he/she blame my home lines .but before plus net never have problem my old ISP, same line,same phone,same tablet and phones and i check all line  lots of times,problem start after move plusnet.thanks for your help again.can u call our house number 5-9pm for any  engineer visit appoitment thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ondi

Reference number: 126447652

Hi .today my 6th day after open this topic but still not any help or support from Plusnet just a email,not support call or enginner visit.my internet still terrible slow,under 1 mb.take 5 minutes load a basic web page.waching youtube and steam impsosible.my familly living abroad i cant talk with them via skype because,my internet speed not enought for video chat.some plusnet customer 7 openreach engineer visit but im still to try my first,not fair.please kindly call my home number 4-9 pm for openreach engineer.99% my problem bt line,exchance box or maybe modem.its my 3th month with plusnet still not have normal speed .if not sort my problem till june 8th my next bill period ,sadly i ll cancel my plusnet contract .because poor service and plusnet not fix my problem resenoble time ((section six of the plusnet boardband familly services) and not and not recoment any my friends.thanks for reading 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you want help, please follow the requests in my previous post.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Chris wrote:

I'd strongly advise going through the connection troubleshooting and reporting this as a fault (which we would need time to investigate before allowing you to leave for no contractual charges).

You haven't reported a fault to us, without one there is nothing for our faults team to investigate or get in touch with you about. I can see you spoke to my colleague on live chat yesterday too who advised the same thing.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.