cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet radio can't find my network

keithfarrell

My internet radio can't find my network

Switched to PlusNet recently.  PC and laptop connected wirelessly without any problems but my internet radio won't connect.  I have entered the correct WPA code but it comes up with a timed out message.
If I disable the security it connects and works fine.
I should say it worked fine with my old router from previous provider.  The manufacturer help page says that there could be a problem with the MAC address being blocked?  Is that something I can check on the router myself?
It suggests setting it up with a static IP address - it tells you how to do it but not what to put into the IP address, DNS address etc.
Anybody come across the same problem and resolved it?
Keith
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My internet radio can't find my network

Upper case / lower case letters entered correctly ?
keithfarrell

Yes, all entered correctly thanks.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

What make of radio? My Roberts Stream 205 connected fine using WEP.
keithfarrell

Tevion 5404
Although it asks for a WPA key my previous router did use a long WEP key.  I tried switching the router to WEP and lost laptop connection and had to connect via Ethernet to change back and get onto internet again - didn't try anything else after that.
keithfarrell

Prompted by your comment on using WEP I have changed the encryption to WEP and restarted the radio, entered info again, and it has connected!  looks like it doesn't like WPA.
I have managed to get the wireless up and running on the laptop by changing the security type to 'shared' and putting the WEP key in.

Question now is am I OK running in this mode - the router wifi light is orange?
keithfarrell

Finally sorted, with thanks to tijara33.
Feeling a bit braver now I had a connection I found the 'upgrade firmware' option.  I took a deep breath when it said "ARE YOU SURE?".
t came back on after a while.  I reset the security on the router to WPA and rejigged the info on the radio - it connected using WPA this time and I've got the green light back up.
Keith