cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My installation

Jarr
Grafter

My installation

So I have three dates. Will the engineer let me know which one he's coming on? Also how long does it take to do.
I'm currently with Sky with a normal landline. I'll be getting fibre optic for the first time as it's just been made available in my area.
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: My installation

Hi Jarr,
Our provisioning team will be in touch to confirm which date has been selected for the appointment. Length of time varies, it depends on engineer availability in your area.
Jarr
Grafter

Thanks. Can't wait. I can have speeds of 66mb :D, I was previously on 2mb!!! Undecided
Jarr
Grafter

Will my broadband be available the same day?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

immediately after the installation
Jarr
Grafter

About how long will it take?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It depends on whether or not he needs to change your master socket & whether or not you've requested an extension lead. My master socket was up to date so he spent 15 minutes at the cabinet changing my line onto the fibre cable & a further 15 minutes at the house, fitting & testing the modem.
Jarr
Grafter

I thought it took a few hours!
Thanks people!
thomasjc1
Grafter

with mine it took about 5 mins in the house
Scottishlad79
Grafter

On average jarr it takes maybe an hour i find for most propertys to do the installation correctly that should be the minimum the guy should be working on ur line by time he does the conversion and the testing of the line. Tho you should try make sure your available for a few hours incase its needed, the engineer will advise when he gets onsite
njay
Grafter

Mine took first attempt 40mins cabinet and 10mins in house as all they did was swap modem.
2nd time around it took 2hrs just in the house as they fitted the extension cable I originally requested which needed to go through walls as well as new master socket and testing it all.
2nd engineer said what on earth were they doing for 40mins at the cabinet other than wasting time lol