Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My exchange supported ADSL2+, but Plusnet cannot see this

alexftw
Grafter

My exchange supported ADSL2+, but Plusnet cannot see this

Hi all,
I'm in the process of being activated today. I was with O2 and their connection despite being stable, was awful to game on. I've paid for the prioritized connection for gaming with plusnet which O2 couldn't supply, however, I was on a 16mb connection with O2 from the Fair Oak exchange - STFAIRO - but Plusnet can only see normal ADSL enabled. Checking SamKnows, I can see that 21CN WBC status is 'not available'.
Now, I don't mind taking a drop in speed because I'm paying less, and saving money on my line rental as well. As long as the connection is stable and the gaming is good then I'm happy. I am interested in how O2 were able to provide a 16mb connection for two years, and BT for 18 months before that when the exchange doesn't appear to be ADSL2 enabled?
Fibre has been enabled at my exchange, however the rollout seems really slow, and BT checker says it isn't planned in my area in the next 6 months, despite being enabled in the exchange.
Sorry for the waffle.

Thanks,
Alex
3 REPLIES 3
itsme
Grafter

Re: My exchange supported ADSL2+, but Plusnet cannot see this

If you look on the right-hand side under LLU providers you will see O2/Be listed. This mean that they have their own equipment in the exchange and not reselling BT broadband.
itsme
Grafter

Seem strange that fibre is available without WBC being enabled as fibre use the WBC backhaul. Also strange that so many LLU providers are in a relativity small exchange.
alexftw
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
If you look on the right-hand side under LLU providers you will see O2/Be listed. This mean that they have their own equipment in the exchange and not reselling BT broadband.

Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to wait on fibre I guess. BT checker shows that Fair Oak have been enabled, I just can't get it yet. Funny how Eastleigh is enabled (2 miles down the road) and you can get fibre there no problem... just have to keep an eye out really.
Cheers