cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer's internet connection speed isnt as fast as any other device

Finley_Searle

My computer's internet connection speed isnt as fast as any other device

I use my computer for gaming such as: Destiny 2, Rainbow Six Siege but I am not able to play them due to my connection speed. My brothers PS4 can run Rainbow six siege and destiny 2 fine without lag. 

here are my speedtest.net results in Mbits

Ping: 38ms

Download: 6.73

Upload: 0.35

this is the sort of internet speeds i get with no one in the house but i still cant play those games smoothly. Please help 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: My computer's internet connection speed isnt as fast as any other device

Hi there,

to diagnose the propblem we need to know a little more . Lets start here

Are you using wired or wifi connections?

if you are both using  wifi,   what's the distance between your equipment and the router? Wi-fi is only a weak signal in most cases,   dependent on make and model. Is there anything in the way?  Wifi  is distance dependent and is also affected by walls, ceilings, other electrical apparatus and even furniture! I have even known an ironing board to affect a wifi signal  

If you are both using the internet at the same time, and one is wired and one is not, there could well be differences in percived connection speed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: My computer's internet connection speed isnt as fast as any other device

Hello there and welcome to the community forums.

I agree with gpsmout. it'd be useful to know whether your PC is hard wired to your router or using the WiFi.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet