My Upload should be uncapped by now, but isn't...?
After having problems with drop outs, there was a fault discovered and then corrected on my line. And although the download profile speed is nearly what it was before (20,000 instead of 22,000) the upload speed has remained a very slow 446, when I used to have 1,200. I've noticed the difference when uploading photos to the internet for the family.
I was phoned last week by a Plusnet operator(Blake) dealing with my case and he was going to uncap my upload speed to raise the speed, and it should have been done by last Thursday. I allowed for the holiday weekend, but it still hasn't changed. I've not restarted my router to see if that would help, because I didn't want to disrupt a connection that might still be tested.
I haven't had any more drop outs(crossing fingers!), but I would like to get my profile nearer to what it was please.
I was also told initially that 'interleaving' was turned on and then left off, but my ping remains at around 30-40 rather than 15, so I'd like to know if that's still turned on. The ping hasn't affected anything I do as I don't game much online, but I thought I'd mention what I've seen in speed tests.
My current DSL readings from my router(TG582n)...the last time it went down was when it was supposedly reset for the uncapping last week.:
|Uptime:||7 days, 6:22:14|
|DSL Type:||ITU-T G.992.5|
|Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:||446 / 20,822|
|Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]:||0.98 / 12.73|
|Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:||12.6 / 0.0|
|Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:||9.4 / 15.5|
|SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:||31.6 / 6.3|
|System Vendor ID (Local/Remote):||TMMB / ----|
|Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote):||BDCM / IFTN|
|Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):||9 / 0|
|Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):||1 / 0|
|Loss of Power (Local/Remote):||0 / 0|
|Loss of Link (Remote):||-|
|Error Seconds (Local/Remote):||70 / 0|
|FEC Errors (Up/Down):||9 / 15,995|
|CRC Errors (Up/Down):||0 / 95|
|HEC Errors (Up/Down):||0 / 7,999|