cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Upload should be uncapped by now, but isn't...?

VictoriaIceni
Grafter

My Upload should be uncapped by now, but isn't...?

After having problems with drop outs, there was a fault discovered and then corrected on my line. And although the download profile speed is nearly what it was before (20,000 instead of 22,000) the upload speed has remained a very slow 446, when I used to have 1,200. I've noticed the difference when uploading photos to the internet for the family.

I was phoned last week by a Plusnet operator(Blake) dealing with my case and he was going to uncap my upload speed to raise the speed, and it should have been done by last Thursday. I allowed for the holiday weekend, but it still hasn't changed. I've not restarted my router to see if that would help, because I didn't want to disrupt a connection that might still be tested.

I haven't had any more drop outs(crossing fingers!), but I would like to get my profile nearer to what it was please. 

I was also told initially that 'interleaving' was turned on and then left off, but my ping remains at around 30-40 rather than 15, so I'd like to know if that's still turned on. The ping hasn't affected anything I do as I don't game much online, but I thought I'd mention what I've seen in speed tests.

My current DSL readings from my router(TG582n)...the last time it went down was when it was supposedly reset for the uncapping last week.: 

Uptime: 7 days, 6:22:14
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 446 / 20,822
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 0.98 / 12.73
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.6 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 9.4 / 15.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.6 / 6.3
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 70 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 9 / 15,995
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 95
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 7,999
2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: My Upload should be uncapped by now, but isn't...?

Sorry to see your upload is still capped. I've passed feedback on and I'm placing an order now to uncap the upload. This should complete some time tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
VictoriaIceni
Grafter

Re: My Upload should be uncapped by now, but isn't...?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Thumbs_Up

Fingers crossed, for the next couple of days.