Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Speed Correct?

binzy
Grafter

My Speed Correct?

Hi Guys
                Done a couple of speed checks including BT Wholesale and for my contract download speed seems correct at around 7mbps but upload comes in around 0.34mbps which seems low or does this looking right to you,
                I can of course give more details if you think its a bit low for a 8mbps contract on the upload side that is

Regards binzy

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: My Speed Correct?

Posting your router stats will help answer that question - see speed issues thread below.
That speed is about right. Depending on which service BTw provide at your exchange you might be able to get a bit more US for free. If it is their old technology platform, more speed can be had for an additional monthly fee.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

binzy
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply, I have just renewed my contract here for another 12 months as im happy with the 8mbps connection for 95p a month plus i keep my phoneline and calls package as well the exchange is fibre ready and i only live 100 metres from it so could get a massive boost in speed if i paid extra i think. but the upload speed confused me a bit bit if you think that is normal then no problem, so thanks for your help
Regards binzy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

if you are only 100m from the exchange you may be on a line direct from the exchange rather than via a cab so fibre may not be an option- put your phone number in here to check http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
binzy
Grafter

Thanks for the link this is what came back for my phone number im connected through cabinet four
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is extremely good news if you want the extra speed
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
That available service report indicates that you are on the older CN20 service. Your upload speed is therefore in the right ball park, without the paid for faster US options.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

binzy
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Hi,
That available service report indicates that you are on the older CN20 service. Your upload speed is therefore in the right ball park, without the paid for faster US options.

Thanks for the confirmation that all is correct for my connection, i really appreciate the advice you guys have given me and many thanks again
Regards binzy