cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet broadband is down again.

grumpybob
Grafter

My Plusnet broadband is down again.

Been trying to connect since about 1845hrs. Just keep getting "connection has timed out" messages.
Anyone else having the same problem? I'm on the South coast.
23 REPLIES 23
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: My Plusnet broadband is down again.

Service: Broadband
Posted: Fri, Feb 08 2013 at 19:40:50
Subject: Broadband connectivity issues (74410) - NEW
We've become aware of an issue causing authentication errors when trying to connect to the Internet.
This problem may also be causing customers to see BT Wholesale holding pages instead of the websites they are attempting to view.
We're currently investigating this issue and will provide an update as soon as we have more details.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
Kind Regards,
Chris Parr
Customer Support
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Somethings broken, we're looking at what and will update service status as soon as we know more.
Sorry all.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pengbo
Grafter

If it helps I am connecting in from oop North and don't appear to be having any problems
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I don't in Lincolnshire either.
Razer
Grafter

Hacking me off completely. This on top of the problems I'm already having. At least I know the staff are aware of the issue. I just hope it's fixed quickly. I can't get any pages and trying to use this forum via mobile is awful.
jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

Mine's down as well. Checked my router settings and there seems to be a problem with it picking up DNS servers (it's only got a primary one and it's completely different to what it is usually). Attached what my troubleshooter says, would I be part of this problem?
geordiebelle
Dabbler

My fibre has also been down since around 18:30. So frustrating. Can't get through on the phone either
Razer
Grafter

First thing I tried was changing my dns servers; it didn't make any difference.
pengbo
Grafter

I think you are all stuck in the BT part of the network and whatever is bust isn't forwarding things on to plusnet so I doubt much of anything will help until they can fix it.
jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

Quote from: Razer
First thing I tried was changing my dns servers; it didn't make any difference.

Yeah, I found out how to manually change them (the technicolor router supplied doesn't make it easy) back to what it was before these issues and it didn't do anything.
lowlatency
Grafter

Yep I'm down too thank god for my neighbour who....errr I mean nothing  Lips_are_sealed
It seems such a bad time for a new customer like myself to have joined, with all these gateway issues then connection dropping, packet losses, lag, interleaving being put on my line.....oh I just want a quiet life
Chris
Legend

The DNS server errors in the router are probably a red herring, we're looking into the root cause.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grumpybob
Grafter

Yup, very annoyed that Plusnet's service has broken down again. I had some stuff I wanted to do/print off for a trip over the weekend but I guess I'll have to assume that that's not going to be possible now. Instead, I have to use the data allowance on my mobile phone to moan on here.

Quote from: Razer
Hacking me off completely. This on top of the problems I'm already having. At least I know the staff are aware of the issue. I just hope it's fixed quickly. I can't get any pages and trying to use this forum via mobile is awful.
Chris
Legend

Really sorry all, we're doing all we can to get this resolve and get people back online.