cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet Service

resigned

My Plusnet Service

Hi, would anyone like to comment on the following stats I collected last month.
Whilst an explanation would be welcome, I'm hoping for maybe a bit more.  Wink
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: My Plusnet Service

It looks like you have a dropping connection which keeps giving you a low IP Profile. Have you been through the dropping connection help guide here? If none of that helps there is a link in the article to the Broadband Troubleshooter which will raise a fault ticket for investigation by the Plusnet Faults Team.
David
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Alternatively it might be exchange contention , all the low speed tests are during peak periods whereas the high ones are off-peak.
Check your exchange status here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ if its showing green then it's ok, anything else could be causing contention

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: spraxyt
It looks like you have a dropping connection which keeps giving you a low IP Profile.

Nope, the connection's rock solid.
What I /think/ might have happened here is this...
During November you exceeded your usage allowance during peak and hit Level 1 management. You were then billed on the 27th November when your usage should have been reset. It wasn't though due to a problem we're currently investigating (ref: 64460). This meant that despite not exceeding your usage allowance during December, you gradually progressed through Level 2 and then Level 3 management which severely restricted your speeds between 4pm and Midnight.
Now you've been billed for December, your usage has successfully reset and I can see that you're on the correct traffic management profile. This means that the problem should no longer be occurring. What concerns me therefore, are Monday, Tuesday's and Wednesday's speedtest results.
I don't suppose you'd be in a position whereby you could disconnect at 4pm for 45 minutes or so in order for me to connect as you here and try and replicate the problem?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

resigned

thanks for your attention Bob, sorry couldn't make it at 4. Your diagnosis is spot on, as this has happened quite a few times in the past, my restrictions don't
seem to be reset at the start of a new billing period. Don't worry about the current figures, those last few days were done last week I think. I can confirm
the connection is back to normal now, just thought someone might be interested in service levels provided last month; further to that subject, I did raise a
ticket, but was told that no restrictions were being applied to my account, which strictly speaking could have been true, if not in actuality.