cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New Fibre - Not Happy/Not Good

StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: My New Fibre - Not Happy/Not Good

1.  Product is shaped to 2mb as worded in the speeds, in main hours....  for the purpose of what i want, its 2mb.. No complaints from me however on that.....
2.  Off-peak is indeed midnight to 8am, but playing it safe, i say 7:30am Smiley
3.  PRO is specific to the ISP, and how they control how my data is restricted.  If i dont receive the product, then i cannot be charged for it.  If u ordered a drink which came with unlimited refils, but when you only got served half the original drink and then found the refil machine was bust, would you still happily pay for somthing you have not received ?
4.  The 'active' will be in question when the service was not 100% in effect.
5.  Speed is indeed important for gaming, just because 1 can play a game which could use 15kb down on average, there are old skool games like 'TA' which can use all available bandwith, mainly maxing out the upload speed which in turn affects the download speed.
Either way, the point is this:
I want what i pay for... Maybe i will try the Pro addon at a later date to see how it works, given i have not had the chance to see how it works due to the faults.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Matt_2k34
4) for Pro - you'll be charged pro-rata for the addon (e.g. x pence per day it was active)

Not entirely correct, there's a minimum 1 month contract with the pro add-on so the month it's cancelled will still be charged at the full £5.
@StuartUK35 we can have a look into this for you but I suspect you will indeed be charged the full £5 fee for the add on. The fault doesn't affect that though necessarily as it's not something directly under our control.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Can you look into this for me and post for other consumers to see please:
1.  Look into whether i am to pay for a service which you currently DO NOT PROVIDE TO ME on my next bill date.
2.  Look into whether you can provide proof that i received the service between the 15th Sep and 30th Sep, given the line was unstable and for the purpose of what the Fibre is needed for, in the hours of 8am to midnight, was flawed.....
Would be more ideal from a PR perspective, to look and think:
Hey, customer signed up for a service, and paid a £50 installation fee only for the 'installer' to mess things up resulting in poor service and a failed product in the customers eyes...... And now were gonna charge him £5 for a PRO service which he asked for, but we as in in-direct provider were unable to provide that service, so we removed it anyway when he called to say he doesnt want the PRO service from the next billing cycle given he can barely get on the web Efficiently......
But also the customer has upgraded from the fibre Value to the Fibre Extra anyway....