Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Internet usage shows gaming

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

My Internet usage shows gaming

Hi folks,
Just a little question I would like to ask: I've just checked my internet usage and it shows that I have been allocated 1% for the paid for usage and 13% under the free usage for "gaming". I have never played any games online in my life so can someone please explain to me what this is? Oh and btw I have also got 4% under "other" in the free usage.
Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: My Internet usage shows gaming

Hi mexicano,
When viewing your internet activities on the View My Usage tool you may see activities that don't seem to apply to your usage - such as seeing gaming when you don't play games. This can happen when an application uses the same port to a known game and reports it as such, as the categories are based on what ports and signatures are used. It's not an exact science, but can give a good measure of how your internet is used.
Jojo Smiley
mexicano
Rising Star

Quote from: Joanne
Hi mexicano,
When viewing your internet activities on the View My Usage tool you may see activities that don't seem to apply to your usage - such as seeing gaming when you don't play games. This can happen when an application uses the same port to a known game and reports it as such, as the categories are based on what ports and signatures are used. It's not an exact science, but can give a good measure of how your internet is used.
Jojo Smiley

Thanks Jojo for that quick reply.
Now all I need is for plusnet to fix my speeds. I've been having problems with my line dropping since August. I've had BT here to check my line into the house. I had 3 bt sockets, bedroom,living room and kitchen and now I only have 1 but I am still dropping the line. This morning I got a call from Leon Burroughs who is going to refer back to BT for further "investigation". More waiting. Really frustrating!!!
I have no idea what is going on. I'm not very tech minded. I just do what the guys tell to do  Roll_eyes
Maybe you can fix my speed? I see that you seem to answer everyone elses queries on these forums  Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mexicano,
Although I can help on a lot of occasions, in this case I wouldn't be able to do any more than what is already being done. I can assure you that you are in capable hands though.
Jojo Smiley
mexicano
Rising Star

Quote from: Joanne
Hi mexicano,
Although I can help on a lot of occasions, in this case I wouldn't be able to do any more than what is already being done. I can assure you that you are in capable hands though.
Jojo Smiley

Ok Jojo, will do. Luckily for me, and plusnet, I have quite a lot of patience. Thanks again.