Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IP Profile - HELP

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

My IP Profile - HELP

hello.
been with +net a few months now for both BB and Phone.
my IP profile was as high as over 7000 then seemed to settle at 6500 according to +net.
i do very little in the way of big DL's but having just had to do one, i thought the DL speed was quite slow. on checking +net info i see this:
Your current broadband speed is 5000 Kbps

Sad
whats happened there then? i was on 6500 now 5000?
do i need to raise a ticket or can someone pick it up from here? i do switch off my router when its not going to be in use but i feel the drop in profile must be recent.
cheers.
3 REPLIES 3
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Re: My IP Profile - HELP

here is the info from a post i mad esome time ago for comparison....it whows i knew/know nothing about the tech stuff but includes my speeds.
Quote from: monkeyexpressPF
a bit confused too  Embarrassed
i did manage to to do the BT tester last night at http://speedtester.bt.com/ but it didnt give the IP profile in the results, just a throughput report. also, it didnt ask for my plusnet username like is has done previously, just the telephone number. the checker is busy again today.
after the 3 day thing does the test stop giving IP profiles?
i only ask as my router has been on 5+ days and stayed synced at 7616. i know my BT profile was 7150 when i checked at the weekend, and i have been synced/connected continuously since. my Plusnet profile was 7000 at the same time. now my Plusnet IP profile is 6500.
its not really a problem but wondered:
1. how do i now check my BT IP profile if the tester no longer shows that as part of the test? or should it?
2. why would my Plusnet profile drop from 7000 to 6500 if i have got a constant, reliable connection at a higher rate?
thank you.
MickKi
Grafter

Quote from: monkeyexpressPF
whats happened there then? i was on 6500 now 5000?

A low speed resync for whatever reason, will cause a low(er) IP Profile within 10 minutes or so.  If you resync after that time and you manage to achieve a higher sync speed and hold on to it thereafer, then it will take up to a maximum of 5 days before the IP Profile re-adjusts itself upwards to an appropriate IP profile.  The time it takes for the IP profile to increase is related to the level of the previous IP profile.  Large increments e.g. from 1500 to 6000 will happen in a few hours, small increments e.g. from 6000 to 6500 will take 3-5 days.
To obtain an IP profile of 6500 you will need to hold onto a resync speed above 7392kbps.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
This might be a good read.
link:speed
It explains how the whole speed system under Max works.