Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fibre order plus the router?

ScottJames
Grafter

My Fibre order plus the router?

Hi
I just wondered if a member of the Plusnet team could make sure that my Fibre order install is still on track for the 07.01.14?
Also when should I receive my router? My status page still has it listed as not ordered yet?
Plus I have called Sky who is my current provider, and asked for a MAC code but they are saying that I don't need one because my exchange is LLU. I opened a ticket with Plusnet to check, but got the feeling that they weren't 100% sure if this was the case? I am going to have to take time off of work for the install, so I really need to make sure that this information is correct?
Thank you for any help  Smiley
10 REPLIES 10
logindukas82
Grafter

Re: My Fibre order plus the router?

hi there,i'm moving from o2/sky and when i request MAC code,they ask me where i moving to...and event our exange is LLU enebled,they provide me the MAC code in about 30 minutes time....
now hope enginer will come 2morow to install fiber....but looking in feedback section,i start to worrie about it,cose there is alot of miss enginers appointment's.....fingers cross....
ScottJames
Grafter

Hi logindukas82
So you were provided with a MAC code and your exchange is LLU enabled? Why do Sky have to make this so difficult, all the women was doing on the phone was giving me total miss information about plusnet, and how I should stay with sky, because they are the only one's that won't slow my connection down because they are truly unlimited. I was really surprised about some of the stuff I was being told and how far off of the mark it was, about connection speeds, traffic management, and being capped for usaged. If someone hasn't' done their research then some of the stuff could really make you sit back and think that you should stay with sky. It was funny to put them straight though when they kept telling me this stuff!
logindukas82
Grafter

yes i know how sky try to keep customers whit them  Grin they was trying to keep me aswell,but i was requesting MAC and thats it....our exange is LLU but they give me a code.....,even whit 12months free line rental,and half price broadband for 12 months i deside to leave them....cose i have a verry bad experiance whit them...
ScottJames
Grafter

I'm glad that I am not the only one that experienced Sky acting unprofessional with what I was being told. They tried to offer me some deals as well, but I am fed up with keep getting letters through telling me that my subscription is going up in price, plus my connection speed being all over the place!
ScottJames
Grafter

Just a little bump to see if one of the plus net team, can give me some updates.
Thanks  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The appointment for the broadband is still booked in for the afternoon slot (between 1pm and 6pm) on the 7th Jan, so all looks good there. I can also confirm the router was dispatched on the 30th December, hope that's arrived with you by now? If not it shouldn't be long.
ScottJames
Grafter

Hi Matt
I did end up call CS as I needed to make sure that it is all in place for work deadlines coming up, which require an internet connection. But I appreciate you taking the the time check it out and replying. Just a quick question when I look on the order status page it says that it is going to be completed by the 8th. So am I not going to be able to use the connection on the 7th?

Thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quoting the following day for completion is ADSL related. A fibre connection should be working when the engineer doing the installation leaves. However it might be necessary to give CS a call to get them to activate the connection if the automated system doesn't do it.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Or just drop us a message on here and we'll get on it for you Smiley
ScottJames
Grafter

Nice one. Thanks for all the help  Smiley