cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Estimated Speeds went down after engineer visit

medelnies4

My Estimated Speeds went down after engineer visit

I have had stable speeds of 65mbps for over a year. Two months ago I had a fault where speed was 20mbps and 2 engineers came to visit, they managed to get my speeds up to 45mbps but it is still less than it was before. They told me that I had faulty fibre ports and another engineer team needs to fix it, and that I should wait a month. I've waited 2 months and still nothing.

On top of that, my minimum guaranteed speed has also gone down from 49mbps to 36mbps. Im still on the same contract so i dont understand how this is possible. 

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: My Estimated Speeds went down after engineer visit

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I've checked the original email we sent Here when you renewed your contract and your minimum guaranteed speed is 50.5mbps which shouldn't change for the length of your contract. I'm aware of an issue where your account details may show a lower speed than what it should be but that'd be wrong. 

Looking Here the current estimated speeds for your connection are actually better at 60mbps to 80mbps. I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing the cause for this and looking at the previous faults we've raised, they're closed as resolved so I'd like to arrange another Openreach engineer visit to investigate further again.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
medelnies4

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I have replied to the ticket you created. Preferred timeslots are this Saturday if possible, if not then next week Monday or Friday 1pm to 6pm.

I have also attached screenshots of what I see in my Plus.net profile and a speedtest.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, sorry for the delayed response. I'm glad to see that we've made a booking for you so I hope the engineer is able to get the issue rectified there and then. We'll do our best to follow things up with you as soon as we can after the visit do let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
medelnies4

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the issue has not been fixed. I've responded to the fault ticket with the below, just adding it here for clarity:

Hi, there has been no change in my speeds, so why has the fault been resolved? I've just received an e-mail saying that my speeds are above the minimum 36.4Mbps guaranteed but this is wrong, as my minimum guaranteed speed was 50.5Mb when signing up. My speeds are still below this and the fault has NOT been resolved. I've had 3 engineer visits already and they have all said the same thing, that there is an issue with the speeds that are coming into the cabinet and that it 'needs to be escalated to the supplier' to resolve the issue - so please do the necessary. It has been over 3 months since this started and there is still no improvement.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @medelnies4, thank you for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that the issue hasn't been sorted and that the fault has been prematurely closed. 

I have added a further response onto the ticket for you and if you let me know once you've added a reply, I'll get that picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team