Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Connection is slow!

prichardson
Grafter

Re: My Connection is slow!

Glad to see it's being narrowed down.
Don't count your router out just yet. Get those filters switch over and be certain of them, then try and borrow a router if possible.
If noise starts again with a borrowed router, we will report a fault for you.
Otherwise, that would signal the burial of your old router 😐
Jovetic
Grafter

could someone clear one thing up for me though please?
BT's profile for my line says 1000kbps
Your profile in member section says 1500kbps where as it always said 8000kbps, how could my router effect these settings please?
I just started workign for support for a Swyx reseller (voip) so all this comes in handy, im off to London for training till thursday, so will leave my usb modem in till then and see if that helps.
prichardson
Grafter

The profiles are only pulled from BT data twice per day iirc.
As such, the portal may not reflect the most recent profile change on BTs side.
When your router line rates fluctuate, possibly due to a problem with the router itself, or with the power adapter from the Surround Sound, it will impact on the line profile.
Drops in connection will quickly cause a downwards trend in the profile, but stability in the line rate is required, to increase it back up (hence the 5 days).
The problems you have seen will indeed have resulted in a lower line profile, but the profile is not always the be all end all.
In your case, as you noted, your actual throughput was way way under 1000, so we know the issue is a little more serious.
Getting rid of the "serious" bit should push it up towards the current profile.
In theory, given the normal periods, the profile will go back up to the same as previously seen.
Whilst I can't see the historical data right now, if this was previously 8000, it shouldn't be an issue for this to be seen again.
Jovetic
Grafter

Thanks for your help, will keep you updated.
Jovetic
Grafter

Just checked my router and seen this message attached
DSLAM: Country: {0xB5} Vendor: {TSTC} Specific: {0x00} 
DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Downstream Rate Cap: 8128 kbps
Downstream Atten. at 300kHz: 34.1 dB
Uncancelled Echo: -0.4 dB Suspicious - check phone filters and alarm
VCXO Frequency Offset: -14.2 ppm Ok
Final Rx Gain: 24.0 dB Ok
Impulse Noise Comp. Tones: 0 Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise: 0 Ok
Impulse noise protection:  0.00
Delay of latency path:  0.25 ms

Th suspicious message above points towards filters.
Jovetic
Grafter

My connection is still very slow compared to ebfore, althoguh my Sync has moved up to 1500 from 1000.
Any thoughts, i have installed a new router.  New filters, and although not necessary i have reinstalled my server, vista and bought a new switch as i an incredable to format everything! I get it every couple of months!  New cat cables and everything Tongue
Now everythig is workign as i want it im drawing my attention to my connection Tongue
remember where i said that my line only went crackly with static when the router was plugged in, still the same case, with a different router though.
Jovetic
Grafter

I had already raised  fault with BT, they said they could not see anything.  I have new everything aswell Sad
Jovetic
Grafter

Problem is that all the calls i make to people, they cannot hear the noise. 
I mean this looks messed up to me
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 1750 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  6208 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1360 kbps
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Having an IP Profile of 1750kbps implies your connection synced between 2016 and 2240kbps sometime in the last 3 days. It will automatically increase to 5000kbps if you sustain the present 6208kbps sync for 3 to 5 days.
The crackling introduced by connecting two different routers in the test socket and with different filters suggests to me there is a broadband fault on your line. You can report this at http://faults.plus.net/. You really need to persevere with this through to the end, even though it might be taking you through things you've already tried.
David
James
Grafter

Hi Jovetic,
As has been mentioned above, your IP Profile should increase in the next couple of days.
In the meantime, to cope with the 1750Kbps profile of which we have no equivalent, I've bumped it up slightly to give you a slightly better experience in the meantime.
Jovetic
Grafter

Thanks for that guys, i actually plugged the new router in on Thursday of last week, i thought it was three to five days from then?  If so it is looking more and more like i may have a line fault as my connection is still pretty much the same.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Looks like BT bumped your profile upto 5000Kbps in the early hours of this morning Smiley
Jovetic
Grafter

Yeah i just noticed after the speedtest, still only getting a throughput of 1360 though, any ideas?  Or should i just sit and wait a couple more days? fingers crossed.
James
Grafter

Try rebooting Smiley
Jovetic
Grafter

Nope,
The only thing that is seeming to cause the problem is my router, this is the second one, a brand new one out of the box sent by you guys. (Thanks again)
I can me in th middle of a phone call like just now, loads of noise and static, unplug the modem and the call goes crystal clear, plug it back in and back to static town. 
So i know its not my wires, all new, the only thing i can think to try is put a new master socket, problem is i had cowboy double glazers around who cut the frame of the window to accomodate the master socket, now i cant get it out. 
So any ideas guys, i tried making a ticket, the response i got from my ticket was to do the test again, no need always same result, tells me i have contention problems as my exchange is very very busy yada yada yada.  Pleas help me out guys, interleaving off wouldnt be affecting this would it? 
Please help guys.
Thanks
Chris