cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Broadband speed has dropped again

katie
Grafter

Re: My Broadband speed has dropped again

jelv & Mat - Thank You for all your support, advice and help over this long week. I have just had a lovely phone call from PN support and they will reset my line when I have finished messing with my router (I still need a new one). I have learned a lot this week from you and from reading the various PN info pages.
Cheers,  Katie Smiley
tel1749
Dabbler

HI Matt
Again i have just tested my speed & it has dropped yet more now back to 329kb. my modem is fairly new a netgear DGN2000
I will keep checking from time to time may be it will go up, probarly at the next ice age!!
Tel1749 Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Katie,
How is it today?
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tel1749,
Are you in the test socket?
Jojo Smiley
katie
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
HI Katie,
How is it today?
Jojo Smiley

Hi JoJo - it's still the same speed & everything but I did unplug the router for a few minutes last night so I could move all by equipment back up to the office from my front porch. I'm also using the new router which installed no problem this time - well apart from port forwarding but that's another story. Smiley
This is a BT speed test I did earlier -
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2207 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :3776 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
I have requested that Martin from PN resets my connection to what it was last week then hopefully I'll be cruising again. Thanks for asking.
Katie Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, let me know how you get on. Smiley
katie
Grafter

I've just got the port forwarding finished and can access my server and therefore my security devices online now. Hopefully, I'm sorted now - Thank Goodness. I hope I don't need a new modem/router for a long time. Thanks everyone here for your help.
Katie Smiley
dick:quote
tel1749
Dabbler

HI Jo
Yesterday afternoon i had a call from plus net (Sarah)  She told me that they are looking at my low speeds & drop out connections, we went through all the normal questions ie are there extension phone leads , age of modem , my phone socket that was here when i moved in is a small square box with two screws on the front , but undoing them just give access to connections that i leave well alone.
I have removed the I plate from the circuit & i keep spare filters so had change them several times. i was told that the investigation can take up to 72 hours,
This morning as i was leaving my flat (that is upstairs with a out side stair case) a BT engineer was looking for problem reported by next door there are two black boxes under the stair case, they are phone line connections for all of the offices around me.So hopefully what ever they find wrong may be same reason i am loseing my connections & speed.
I just received a note to say that my line is now at 750kb but when i tested it was still at 330 kb regarding a phone fault my phone is just a few months old, so i do not think  it  is that causing the problem , line faults yes but i do not own this property  after the line went right down around Christmas it did come back  but not at the speed it was running at  around 900 kb since then it has dropped to around 750 for a while then over the last few weeks getting slower
I wait to see what happens
regards
Tel1749
tel1749
Dabbler

HI 
I have just done a speed test it is now running at just over 700kb down load & 380kb upload, thats better, cannot wait for it to go faster as promished'
regards
Tel1749 Smiley
tel1749
Dabbler

Hi Here we go again!!
I tried to go online just after 13.00 my connection had dropped out, so i looked at the modem & it was trying to get back  after a few minutes i switched off the modem then waited for about 30 seconds befgore switching back on, after doing this twice it finaly go back on line , i did a speed test & i am now down loading at  246kb up load not much better. I thought yesterday's speed increase was too good to be true!!!.
i am very  hacked off with it
Tel1749 Angry
tel1749
Dabbler

just to say the speed has gone up to a whopping 945kb not done that for a long time upspeed around 380kb,
Lets see how long it last?/
regards
Tel1749 Smiley
tel1749
Dabbler

HI Folks
Ref my speed increase on friday , well back to snail pace now running at 345kb ,( since friday it has been around 940kb including this morning).
What on earth nis going on?
tel1749 Angry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI tel1749,
Was going to have a look at that for you but at the moment you're not connected. Let me know when you are.
Jojo Smiley