Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Broadband Speed

coastergrotto
Grafter

My Broadband Speed

For some time now My Broadband Speed has been displaying the following message:
Sorry - My Broadband Speed is currently experiencing technical difficulty and may display misleading test results. Thanks for bearing with us while we fix things.

It appears to be running perfectly OK to me and the results are in line with Speedtest.net.   Can someone from Plusnet please comment on whether the fault has been corrected or not and, if so, see about having the message removed.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My Broadband Speed

Hi,
Yes, that's there on purpose as at present the tester doesn't work for speeds above 40mb so its not ideal for some of our fibre trialists.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Also if you hit it at a time when a number of other people are also running tests it gives a pretty bad result.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
coastergrotto
Grafter

OK.  Thanks for the replies.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So why couldn't the message be a bit more specific then instead of giving everyone the impression it's completely borked. Everytime I've run it, the results are what I would have expected.
colintivy
Rising Star

Same here. It is so convenient for the rest of us to use, at the bottom of the Forum pages, that an amended notice to say that it is workable below 40MB and at busy times (suggest what these are found to be) would be helpful.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

'busy' is whenever several users with fast connections are running a test at the same time. You can make software do most things but being psychic to know when the overloads are going to occur isn't one of them. Any period defined as not being busy would be vulnerable as users would be likely to run tests soon after the period started.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Doesn't stop the message from saying when under heavy load or similar, that'll be upto the user to assess when it is, by doing comparisons, and it's also a bit obvious that it won't be that busy at 0300 or similar!