cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple disconnections in last few days

Pesque
Dabbler

Multiple disconnections in last few days

Hi. I've had a few disconnections in the last few days. I think they started on Thursday evening, when we were unable to connect for around 15 minutes or so. Then we couldn't connect for most of Friday - my partner was home and confirmed he was unable to get online during the day, then I returned home at around 5pm and was able to get online initially, but this soon changed and we had no internet for the rest of the day. It seems to have fixed itself overnight as it's been okay this morning, since around 6am, but would appreciate a test to see if there are any issues. I restarted the router a few times yesterday, tried the test socket, all to no avail. Phone line seems fine. I haven't tried a different microfilter yet, and as the service is okay at the moment, probably wouldn't help (though I'll try that if it drops again). I did notice that it seemed to be the 'internet' light rather than the 'broadband' light that struggled the most, though the latter had been flickering too. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Multiple disconnections in last few days

Hi @Pesque,

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing connection problems and for the inconvenience caused. I can see from your connection log that you were offline for most of yesterday and that there were multiple disconnections yesterday evening and today. It appears that everything is now back to normal, so it's possible that this was due to work being carried out in the local area which has now finished. Please let us know if you're still experiencing any connection problems:

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jda46

Hi

I too have had the internet drop out several times a day over the last three days. Up until now it has been steady. Is the weather causing problems with connectivity?    Also my speed which is supposed to be around 16mps is around 12 nearly all the time now.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @jda46,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that you've experienced issues with the broadband recently. I've run a check on the line and it does appear the broadband has been back on since early this morning, there were some disruptions over the weekend so it does sound like an outage although I can't confirm that. Your speed is coming in as above the average for your landline. I'd advise running through some checks to see whether there's any issue with the Wi-Fi or the master socket itself.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks - LF

jda46

Thank you. The connection has been much more steady today and the internet speed around the 14-15 mps.      

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ jda46,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's great to hear the connection is working as expected so thanks for getting back to us.

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's any further issues.

Thanks - LF