cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple browser problems - slow connection speeds, failing to reach server, failing to load images

Rockett

Multiple browser problems - slow connection speeds, failing to reach server, failing to load images

This has been happening for the past few days. My browser (Chrome) will be stuck on connecting to any webpage for a good 10 seconds or so, it will finally claim that it can't reach the server, AND THEN once I refresh, it works. This is really annoying.

I've tried all the basic things like restarting router, cleaning my computer of malware, etc. 

Is this happening to just me? I may need to upgrade my router firmware (Technigcolor TG582n), but how do I know whether mine is up to date or not?

6 REPLIES 6
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Multiple browser problems - slow connection speeds, failing to reach server, failing to load ima

Certianly not a problem I have been having with plusnet.

is it a specific website or all websites?

Rockett

Re: Multiple browser problems - slow connection speeds, failing to reach server, failing to load ima

Many, many websites.

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Okay have you tried all the steps In the google help centre:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/112568?hl=en

Rockett

Yep tried them and still nothing.

geek26
Aspiring Pro

This seems like more of a software problem than an internet problem you may get a better response on the Microsoft or google forums

James

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Rockett

I would download another browser and see if that has the same issues. When installing don't let it copy the bookmarks & history from existing browsers.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT