cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple activation delays, false assurances

gscout

Multiple activation delays, false assurances

I placed my order on Sep 6, phone line was activated on Sep 20, and I received a notification saying broadband will be active by midnight on Sep 21. It was not.

On Sep 24 i received a text notification saying the order was delayed, no details. I had to call in and wait in queue just to be told that it looks like order should be completed by end of day. I also received a text notification saying broadband will be activated by midnight Sep 24. It was not.

I called in again, and was told that the reason my order was delayed was due to my building's telephony cabinet limited capacity (which you'd imagine to be communicated much earlier), and Openreach would take a week to resolve the issue. I was then given an update saying broadband will be activated by midnight Oct 2. It was not.

At this point plusnet have lost my trust and I will be cancelling the order and requesting a refund if I still have no broadband service by the time I get home from work tonight. I would rather wait another couple of weeks for another provider than keep getting activation date promises and assurances that apparently mean nothing.
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Multiple activation delays, false assurances

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had.

I've checked your order and I can see the issue is due to there being no spare ports in the cabinet.

This has been raised to the correct team and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gscout

Well, i waited a bit longer after being told (via sms and email) that broadband would be activated by midnight and it's after midnight on October 5th and I still have no internet. This is the worst broadband provider experience of my life and I had broadband service in both Russia and rural Canada. I hope people see this post and avoid getting service with plusnet because this is just horrible service. It's just lies or incompetence to the max. And you already charged me money for this nonsense.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear your service still isn't working.

The order is complete but our tests are showing a issue that'll need a engineer appointment to resolve.

Can you respond to the text we've sent?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

@gscout

You are correct, the most deplorable quality of service available at any ISP in my experience.

Problems from the very start

Given false information about retention of telephone number, so lost my telephone

"Engineer connected up incorrectly at the street cabinet" that explanation from the engineer that corrected that connection problem at the street cabinet, that took another one half days after the original date given for connection.

Another fault been dragging on for weeks now Openreach have no resolution to the fault, broadband drops connection when you use the phone. Last appointment engineer did not even bother to attend at the property as arranged in the appointment.

I hope your problem is resolve quickly and engineer turns up Monday, The very best of Luck   

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
gscout

Thanks @OwldChap. No engineer on Monday or Tuesday or any updates on when one would be showing up. It's time to get off this pointless wild ride, so I called in and cancelled my account with a full refund.