cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Domains

MichaelB

Multiple Domains

Hi,
I recently registered a new domain so that I could have a permanent email address. This address is for my work related emails, and the account is on my work computer (I work from home).
Can I now register another domain on my home computer, and only receive home emails on it?
I ask because my login for both email accounts would be the same, and I am worried that home and work emails would arrive in the wrong accounts.
Also, would the £1 charge per month still apply for a second .co.uk domain?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Michael
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: Multiple Domains

Hi there,
You could set up a new mailbox on the current domain, and set this up on your home computer.
You would do this via the Manage My Mail section of the Member Centre (more info here).
Regarding registering a new domain, you could do this, but as the mail goes to the same underlying mailboxes you would still need to set up new mailboxes to do this.
It is only possible to have one £1 per month domain per account. If you chose to have a second domain you would need to pay the full registration price every two years for this.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: MichaelB
Hi,
I recently registered a new domain so that I could have a permanent email address. This address is for my work related emails, and the account is on my work computer (I work from home).
Can I now register another domain on my home computer, and only receive home emails on it?
I ask because my login for both email accounts would be the same, and I am worried that home and work emails would arrive in the wrong accounts.
Also, would the £1 charge per month still apply for a second .co.uk domain?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Michael

I moved in with my partner we both had 2 domians and 2 accounts but when we moved we could only have 1 account on adsl so what we did is setup my account as a pay as you go account.
You could setup 2 accounts with vista/xp pro use 1 for you and 1 for work.
As for web surfing I piggy back her account.
Puddy
DocBambs

To an extent, your ISP shouldn't impact your email addresses.
Even using Outlook (as a lowest common denominator!) you should be able access all your different email accounts for your different domains. I've currently got my email client picking up emails from 6 different domains.
When sending an email Outlook provides a nice little drop down so you can specify which domain you are sending from.
DB