cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Disconnections

chrisc3078

Multiple Disconnections

Hi, I’ve been having several disconnects a day for a few weeks now, it seems to reconnect after a min or 2. I’ve tried a different micro filter, I don’t have a landline phone to test. I’ve read of several people having a similar issue and a router firmware update appears to of fixed their problem. Could someone possibly take a look for me please? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Multiple Disconnections

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you're currently connected to the internet but have experienced drops in connection over the last seven days (and beyond). I've tested your line and no external faults are present. With this in mind it’s likely that the cause of the drops is within your premises.

Could you run through our troubleshooting guides here primarily and see if this helps?

If this doesn't resolve the issue I'd suggest raising a fault here so that we can progress this for you

Thanks,

Dave

chrisc3078

Thanks Dave, I’ve got another new filter to try although it didn’t seem to drop out yesterday, I’ll let you know 👍🏻

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you @chrisc3078,

If you continue to experience connection drops after running through the troubleshooting checks, please raise a fault via the link on the post above. If you drop us another message on here once you've done this, we'll be able to investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

You really do need a phone handset. Without one you have no means of listening for noise on the line - the most common cause of the problem you describe.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As @Townman says if you continue to get problems from now on, and for what they cost now, then you really need to buy one to rule out any noise on your line.

If there is then it could be affecting your broadband.