cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr Engineer missed the appointment :(

StefanS

Mr Engineer missed the appointment :(

Hey, I've decided to upgrade to fiber optic broadband last week and I had the engineer appointment yesterday 15.05.2014 PM. That's all the email said about the times.
But he didn't show up. Or if he did he didn't bother to fix anything at the socket in the house.
I don't know what needs fixing or anything like that when upgrading to fiber optic but I did test the new router and it is not working.
I also got an email saying my product change is now complete but at the moment I am still running on the old telephone broadband.
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Mr Engineer missed the appointment :(

Hi StefanS,
I'm sorry to hear that the engineer didn't attend. I've just checked the notes from the engineer who has stated that he/she tried to call you on your contact number but there was no answer. The call was made at around 17:55 yesterday. Have you any missed calls at all?
StefanS

Hi Chris,
I don't have any missed calls sadly, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it now.
Could I please reschedule an appointment?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can get that sorted for you - I'm sorry for the way things have turned out 😕
When would be best for you? Or are there specific days/dates I should try to avoid?
StefanS

Oh that's really nice.
I can do next week:
- Wednesday (21st) all day or
- Friday (23rd) in the afternoon (anything after 13:00).
If the above dates won't work I can do any day the week after (from 26th of May to 30 May) any day any hour.
Thank you in advance and I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, you've not caused any inconvenience at all.
I've booked the next available engineer for you, based on your requirements. I've got you an engineer booked in for 27/05/2014 between 1pm-6pm.
StefanS

Thank you very much Chris.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
the engineer who has stated that he/she tried to call you on your contact number but there was no answer. The call was made at around 17:55 yesterday.
Am I alone in being very suspicious about that?
(Thinks, end of shift, running late, makes a call but transposes some numbers "accidentally"  Roll_eyes )
@StefanS you are being remarkably tolerant about the failure of an engineer to turn up as scheduled, it's absolutely not your fault and surely apologies are due in the other direction.  Wink
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

HPsauce, surely the phone call is irrelevant anyway.  There is no requirement for the customer to answer the phone to the engineer even if he did receive it.  The engineer should have been attending site even if he couldn't get hold of the customer.  Though if he did genuinely attempt to phone to inform the Stefan that he couldn't attend, then at least there could have been the gesture of doing the right thing, even if it doesn't help Stefan get fibre.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

For the record I do not "do" the politically correct hog-wash stuff.
However in defence of the best of all the BTOR engineers I've encountered (and there have been far too many) that could have been Miss / Mrs Engineeress!
Cheesy Grin
Hope you are soon sorted,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.