cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to cable

wheatleyfamily

Moving to cable

We are planning on switching to cable (not PlusNet's fault, but just the speed we get on DSL is too slow) and I notice that this does not use the MAC code system. Therefore, I need to manually cancel the ADSL broadband. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this and how much notice I need to give?
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Moving to cable

All PN accounts have a 30 day notice period unless you are in the first year of an annual contract.
You will also have to pay any outstanding fees like hardware costs (if you took the offer of a free router from PN with the last 12 months), moving costs (if you moved broadband within the past 12 months) etc.
You can cancel your broadband via help & support -> Help Assistant -> Account Management -> Cancel My Product.
Note: Cable is not always what it seems from the advertising blurb and you may be disappointed in your actual (as opposed to what the sales pages say) speed you can get.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/i/3331.html
wheatleyfamily

So the best thing to do is cancel just before our next billing date so we still get one more full month?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That would be best for yourself and us, if possible - as you say you'll get the full month and all we need to do is place the cease to complete on the day before your next billing date.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you are keeping the phone for a bit, couldn't you degrade to PAYG and run concurrently with cable? If the cable is poor you could then move back relatively easily?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."