cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - how long does it take

fishter
Grafter

Moving house - how long does it take

I moved house last Tuesday (27th May).  I wanted to take my phone and broadband service with me so I opened a ticket on the 15th asking for both the phone and broadband to be moved to my new address.
The phone was connected on Monday this week - 18 days after I raised the ticket, and 6 days after I moved.
Broadband was going to be another week - until I got a message from PN telling me there had been a problem with the "cease order" and I would have to wait a further week.
Can someone explain the process of moving a broadband connection from one phoneline to another - within the same exchange, and moving the phone number as well.
It might also be useful for me to point out that I was one of the "lucky" ones who got unbundled to Tiscali - and suffered a weeks outage because the Tiscali engineer didn't plug the cable in properly!
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Moving house - how long does it take

Hi Fishter,
I spent a rather exciting bank holiday at work last year writing what I hope is exactly what you're after.
Feel free to have a read:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/05/28/house-moves-processes-payments-and-problems/
Let me know if you've got any further questions and I'll be more than happy to have a chat.
itbookworm
Grafter

Hi James,
On a similar note can I check something -
We are moving house on the 18th July but we won't have completed our first year with plusnet by then. If I understand everything correctly you can only have 1 deferred payment active at a time and our 1st £40 connection charge doesn't 'expire' till our connection anniversary on 10th August 2008.
If we disconnect on the 18th can we specify a reconnection date at the new address of 11th August (after the 1st anniversary and thus no deferred charge) and therefore defer the £40 house move connection charge for the next year?
James
Grafter

Hi itbookworm,
If you let me know nearer the date, I would be happy to sort that out for you.