Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - a couple of questions

Dom
Grafter

Moving house - a couple of questions

Hi all,
I've recently bought a house and I'd like to transfer my broadband and phone service to the new property. But I've got a couple of questions:

• Can I upgrade to Unlimited Fibre at the same time as the service is moved?

• Can I change my phone number? (We get a lot of nuisance calls/debt collectors calls from the previous owners of the number)

Thanks for the help!
3 REPLIES 3
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Moving house - a couple of questions

Pretty sure you can order a new line at the new address.  If the house you are buying is in a Fibre broadband area I don't see no problem for you to order fibre.  You may have to get ADSL broadband temporarily until you are settled in and that a confirmation date is available for an engineer .  However the price is standard currently at £19.99 for Fibre unlimited 12.99 for 9 months but may be different depending on your market area.
Hope this helps.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Dom
  • Can I upgrade to Unlimited Fibre at the same time as the service is moved?

• Can I change my phone number? (We get a lot of nuisance calls/debt collectors calls from the previous owners of the number)

I assume you are currently on an ADSL product. You probably could change to Fibre at the same time as the house move but I think doing so would risk a period without broadband and the downtime might not be trivial. I'd be inclined to move to ADSL then upgrade to fibre once all is working.
Changing phone number shouldn't be a problem, you'd probably have a new number anyway until your old one was moved (if you wanted that). Presumably your new property is on the same exchange as your old one.
I suggest giving the House Moves team a call as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
David
Dom
Grafter

Thanks for the answer all. Smiley
Yeah my new house is on the same exchange as my old one, and the area is fibre-enabled. I'm currently on an ADSL product (your "up to 20Mb" ADSL2+ package I think) so if it's easier to just switch that to the new place, and then upgrade to fibre afterwards, then that's OK. The new place doesn't have a phone line connected at the moment, so an engineer would have to come out anyway, which is why I thought it might be worth upgrading to fibre at the same time as the move.
Anyway, I'll give the Moving Home team a call and tell them all of this. I was hoping I might be able to do it all online via your website, but it might be a bit complicated so I think I'll ring up instead.