cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home, what do I have to do?

Moominfish
Grafter

Moving home, what do I have to do?

If all goes well I will be moving home on Tuesday the 15th of February, my current postcode/area I live means I can only get ADSL but where I'm moving to is fully enabled for all internet connections available such as fibre optic cable, BE Internet etc etc, but I'm wanting to stay with Plusnet and the area I'm moving to does support ADSL2 (I'm currently on standard upto 8 meg ADSL) now I'm wondering what I have to do to transfer the service to the new house and have ADSL2 instead of standard ADSL because I did notice in the house I'll be moving to that it has a box on the wall in one of the bedrooms that says Telewest Broadband on it (which is what it was called long before NTL and Virgin Media took over) so I'm unsure whether it has a B.T line in the house (due to not looking!) and I don't want to be robbed by B.T again as it took them no time at all to install a new line in the house I'm currently in.
Basically where I live now had no phone line at all so I had to pay £122 for a brand new connection! And I don't want to pay that again should the new house not have a B.T line, I'm going to request a 2nd viewing to check if there is a B.T line as well as requesting to look in the garage another thing I didn't ask to look in and it could be full of someone elses [Censored] which I'd be liable to get rid of as soon as I sign the contract!, anyway is there such a thing as paying Plusnet for a dedicated line with them and not B.T? So I would be paying phone line rental and the broadband package charge to Plusnet.
Also 1 last thing, will I still be able to stay on the same package I'm on now which is Plusnet Premium if moving to ADSL2, I pay £19.99 per month and currently get an allowance of 80gb per month, and anything used between midnight and 8pm isn't not included as part of that allowance.
Thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES 12
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving home, what do I have to do?

Hi Moominfish,
You can move over to ADSL2+ and still keep the same package at no extra cost. If there is a stopped BT line there we can start it for free, or if it needs an installation we can do that for £49.99.
I will raise you a ticket tomorrow which you can just fill in with as many details as possible and once you return it we can get the ball rolling for you. There are delays at the moment for new installs, so I would certainly get it back to us as soon as you know dates etc.
Jojo Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Thanks Jojo Smiley
I can give the new address but not a lot else right now, and if there is a stopped B.T line and you can start it for free that would be great, also if that happened I'd be paying Plusnet for line rental and calls etc right?
And this installation costing £49.99 is that the same as the £122 (now £130 I believe) that B.T charge for a new connection? Or is that charge only if there is currently a box on the wall for a phone to be plugged into? Because where I live now there was nothing at all not even a white B.T box on the wall, they had to put one in brand new Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moominfish,
Yes, you would be paying us for line rental and calls etc. Also, if you had to pay for an installation it wouldn't matter if there was a box there or not, it's all part of the cost. It's a flat £49.99 no matter what.
Jojo Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Okay thanks for verifying that for me Jojo Smiley
But I have one last query, I have Sky at my current property and they say you need to have a B.T line! But I'm not sure if that's the case, as they shouldn't be able to say you must have a phone line with XYZ (XYZ being B.T in this case) so having a phoneline installed by Plusnet shouldn't be an issue should it?
If you don't know fair enough but just thought I'd ask Smiley
Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Moominfish,
The plusnet line is still on the BT network so is still compatible with Sky.
Jojo Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
I will raise you a ticket tomorrow which you can just fill in with as many details as possible and once you return it we can get the ball rolling for you. There are delays at the moment for new installs, so I would certainly get it back to us as soon as you know dates etc.
Jojo Smiley

Hi Jojo,
Did you raise a ticket about the above? As I've just checked my account and can't find any open tickets there.
Thank you Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moominfish,
Oops. sorry, That's been done now.  Embarrassed
Jojo Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Hi Jo,
I've replied to the ticket you raised but it took me a bit to do it what with having loads of other things to sort out as well, anyway I replied on the 2nd of February and it still says Awaiting Support Team answer, I'm moving into my new house on the 10th of this month next Thursday! So not sure when the service can be transferred?
Any chance you or someone can reply to the ticket and we'll take it from there?
Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll take a look at that now for you. Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moominfish,
I've someone from provisioning ringing you shortly.
Jojo Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Hi Joanne,
Could you ask someone to look at ticket number #39596857 please as I created it on the 6th of Feb and no ones answered it yet. And when I log in it keeps saying someone has replied to your support question but when I go to it nobody has done.
Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moominfish,
I'll see if I can get someone to look at that tomorrow.
Jojo Smiley