cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited broadband 10 months remaining on contract Options?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Moving home - Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited broadband 10 months remaining on contract Optio

@bex552 

This is drifting off topic.

As stated earlier, my assumption is that the stark answer to the original question is that you either take the slower service or pay the cancellation charge.

Have you looked at mobile data?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Moving home - Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited broadband 10 months remaining on contract Optio

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@bex552 

This is drifting off topic.

How so? - options are being offered.

John
bex552

Thanks all despite the annoying news! Does anyone know an approximate figure im looking at to come out of my contract? 10 months left!

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

@bex552 

Have you tried the ofcom checker?

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/broadband-coverage 

jab1
Legend

@Dan_the_Van See posts #6 and #10, @bex552 's new address is in a 'blackspot' as regards broadband access.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@jab1 The link I gave gives a wider picture of what service are available according to ofcom, who 'should' know!

Post 10 does indicate cable 

jab1
Legend

@bex552 Assume remaining number of months x your current monthly payments. MAY be  slightly different as PN may deduct a little from that figure for the savings they make from not servicing your account, but that isn't much.

John
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bex552 wrote:

Thanks all despite the annoying news! Does anyone know an approximate figure im looking at to come out of my contract? 10 months left!

This page has examples of how the the Early Termination Charges are calculated

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/early-termination-charges/  but unfortunately until you ask Plusnet the exact charges will be unknown. Indeed without asking them, even rough figures aren't really possible.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@bex552 when you say new house do you mean new build?

Sometime the postcode of a new build can be different to the local one, the new build I moved to had a different postcode to that of the sales office which shared the postcode of the main road where it was located. (hope that makes sense)

Example with made up postcodes, sales office SP15 7JH close SP15 7TT

See if you can find your new address here https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/search this provides the UPRN and do a availability check using that.

HTH