cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Sky full LLu to Plusnet

jem16
Grafter

Moving from Sky full LLu to Plusnet

I have just ordered my Home Phone and BB service from PlusNet so will be moving from Sky full LLU service. I have been told by Sky that a MAC is not required as I'm moving from an LLU service to a non-LLU service. Is this correct as I don't want to end up with a cessation charge from Sky?
I'm letting PlusNet handle the transfer and so far they have emailed me to say the phone order and BB order have now been placed and BB should be in place within 48 hours of the phone transfer. Phone transfer has been scheduled for 10.11.14. Does it normally take 48 hours or is it likely to be set up sooner?
28 REPLIES 28
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Moving from Sky full LLu to Plusnet

Hi jem16.
Welcome to the forums  Smiley
The first bit is spot on. No MAC needed.
Realistically, both assets should go live on the same day unless something goes wrong. That being said, I've checked the orders and they're fine Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jem16
Grafter

Thanks Matty.
Certainly seem to be being kept up to date from PlusNet which is good.
jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Jem,
I recently moved from SKY too, I was told my line would be active on the Monday and my BB on the Tuesday. I called on Monday night to double check everything would go through okay and they activated it there and then Smiley
Keep an eye on your upload speed, seems to be the done thing to have to request it uncapped from around 0.5 to the 1.2ish I now get.
J Smiley
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: jrilton
Hi Matty,
I recently moved from SKY too, I was told my line would be active on the Monday and my BB on the Tuesday. I called on Monday night to double check everything would go through okay and they activated it there and then Smiley

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
Keep an eye on your upload speed, seems to be the done thing to have to request it uncapped from around 0.5 to the 1.2ish I now get.
J Smiley

Sounds good - more like the upload speed I used to get from O2. Download with Sky is around about the same as I was getting from O2 - it's usually around 6mb as I'm not too close to the exchange. Hopefully it should be similar with PlusNet.
jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Jem,
My speeds were slow to start but after a phone call (when I got my upload uncapped) they did something and now I get better speeds than I did with SKY. Sorry i can't be more technical on what they did ha.
I know a few people who were disappointed when they moved from O2 to SKY as the quality of the service didn't seem to be the same.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: jrilton
I know a few people who were disappointed when they moved from O2 to SKY as the quality of the service didn't seem to be the same.

I haven't really had any problem with Sky's phone or BB. However the lack of Line Rental Saver and the end of my year's free line rental prompted a move. O2 certainly had good customer service so let's hope PlusNet is good too.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC

Realistically, both assets should go live on the same day unless something goes wrong. That being said, I've checked the orders and they're fine Smiley
Matty

Hi Matty,
Got another email saying BB date is the 11th Nov. Phone is the 10th Nov. Will I perhaps be able to do as jrilton suggested and phone on the night of the 10th (assuming phone is switched by then) to see if they might activate it then?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hopefully you shouldn't need to.
We send out that mail because it could literally be anywhere up until midnight on the day of the 10th. Sort of setting expectations accordingly.
The chances are that you'll receive the goahead on the 10th. Pop me a PM on the 11th if not, as that means that we will be past the contracted date and I'll constructively shout at our suppliers for you.
Matty
jem16
Grafter

Yes I can do that but the BB wouldn't be past its contracted date.
However I have had two emails, one saying that the phone is to be switched over on the 10th November and the second to say that my BB should go live on the 11th.
So what I was asking is if the phone is up and running on the 10th as it should be, could I phone and ask if the BB could be activated a day earlier than the email states?
dick:quote
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Theoretically, yes.
However, although you were sent the email for the 11th, the order should actually physically complete on the 10th.
So I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even need to call in.
jem16
Grafter

Thanks Matty.
jem16
Grafter

Switched over today for Phone and BB.
No Caller ID although ordered and account says active - a question has been raised.
BB speed like treacle just now I'm afraid. Takes ages to load a page. Was able to run a speed test from speedtest.net before 5pm but can't even load the page fully now. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
The caller display is being looked into, as per your other thread.
I've tried to look into your speeds but you are either offline or you are out of sync. Can you please confirm? (If you can see this post)
Once this is sorted, I'm sure everything will be fine.
Thanks,
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
Hi,
The caller display is being looked into, as per your other thread.

Caller display now working.
I've tried to look into your speeds but you are either offline or you are out of sync. Can you please confirm? (If you can see this post)
Once this is sorted, I'm sure everything will be fine.
Thanks,
Tony

Tony - couldn't see this as the internet slowed to a complete standstill. Rebooted router and BB light continually flashing. I've been onto support for the last 45 minutes or so and they seemed to be diagnosing a fault. Whilst away the BB light turned green and everything is back now. I've no idea what has been going on.
Used speedtest.net and result is 4.31mbps down and 0.38mbps up. I assume the line is now in DLM?