Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Premier Option 1 (with FTTC) to Unlimited Fibre

kullyrai
Dabbler

Moving from Premier Option 1 (with FTTC) to Unlimited Fibre

Hi,
I'm (still) on the old Broadband Premier Option 1 product, but also have FTTC as I was a part of the FTTC trials (Up to 40Mb service, think it usually sits between 27Mb and 35Mb, been a while since I did the BT speedtester).
If I was to upgrade to the new Unlimited Fibre product, would I still need to pay the £50 activation fee? I would have thought not, since I am already on FTTC, though not sure if increasing from up to 40Mb to up to 76Mb (estimates show it would be around 65.8Mb) needs an engineer visit.
EDIT: Also, will I need to start a new 18 month contract? Again, since I am technically on Fibre already I wouldn't have thought I'd need to..
thanks
kullyrai
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Moving from Premier Option 1 (with FTTC) to Unlimited Fibre

i think you will be recontracted, though you won't need to pay the activation fee.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Hmmm that's difficult. BT force all providers to give a 12 month contract on FTTC but since I presume you have had it longer than that, Plusnet wouldn't need to get a new contract from BT.
However, since the terms of Unlimited Fibre say 18 months, I assume that you will have to sign up to another contract. But, as dvorak has said, I don't think you will need to pay an activation fee as you already have fibre.
I hope that helps.
Edit: The correct response is from Adam (a Plusnet agent) below.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Upgrading to unlimited fibre won't require you to pay another install fee. However please be aware that due to problem 73780 the website will mention a fee, but you won't be charged, were working to fix that at present.
The upgrade in speeds doesn't require an engineer visit and happens when the account changes over (which would be on your next billing date).
With regards to contract when changing packages you would be released from your current contract and a new one would start.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kullyrai
Dabbler

Thanks all for the helpful replies!
kullyrai
kullyrai
Dabbler

Hi Adam (or any other Plusnet staff who sees this),
I completed the upgrade account wizard last Friday (28th Dec) to switch to unlimited fibre, am I correct in thinking that this will change on my next bill date?
I can see on my "view all products and services bought" page that I have a pending order for unlimited fibre, but the date of the order is 01/01/1970, which isn't very helpful.
Also, I didn't receive any email confirmation to tell me that the upgrade order completed, even if it would have been to tell me that the upgrade will happen at my next bill date. Was I meant to receive an email?
thanks
kullyrai
(Plusnet user ID is same as community user ID)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You don't receive emails for product changes and the 1970 is a well reported issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: kullyrai
Also, I didn't receive any email confirmation to tell me that the upgrade order completed, even if it would have been to tell me that the upgrade will happen at my next bill date. Was I meant to receive an email?
It will be showing in your "Closed tickets/Questions".
kullyrai
Dabbler

Thanks guys, didn't realise it would  be a closed ticket/question - never changed product since I joined back Dec 2002 (had to double check that, it's been so long!)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Premier was only launched on 4th April 2005! You must have been on something different before then.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kullyrai
Dabbler

Hmm, your comment got me interested jelv, so I did more digging around and checked my old emails..
Looks like what I actually signed up back in Dec 2002 was: Plusnet ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly contract)
I don't remember specifically changing to Broadband Premier Option 1, though I do know I was part of the MaxDSL trials (up to 8Mb), perhaps I changed to Broadband Premier Option 1 around then (looking at the product set-up, it definitely seems to be the same as what I had with Home Self-install)