cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Orange Broadband & Home Phone Service to PlusNet

Username
Grafter

Moving from Orange Broadband & Home Phone Service to PlusNet

What's the process of moving both Broadband and home (landline) phone service to PlusNet, without loosing connection to either?
Do we simply get a MAC and move boardband first, and then the phone line - or will this incur a £40 BB reconnection fee when the phone line moves?  Undecided
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Moving from Orange Broadband & Home Phone Service to PlusNet

Hi there,
You'll just need a MAC Code and then to place an order on our website.
You can elect to either order broadband on it's own and then add home phone later, or to ordfer both, which will mean that we'll migrate the broadband first and then subsequently move the home phone service once broadband is up and running.  That's normally a week or two later.
You might want to have a look at the special offers that are currently running for combined services. Smiley
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just a tip - I moved from Orange ~ 4 months ago and I'm STILL fighting them over mythical charges for services after I migrated; keep a very careful eye on your bank acc./credit card for "unexpected" charges - Costomer disservices at Orange are extremely hard work!!!! Crazy
MuppetGrinder
Grafter

Orange are a shower of usless, retarded <things that can't be stated in an open forum>.  Be prepared for the worst with that lot.  I had everything off them from "we can't provide your MAC untill after you pay your next bill" to "we don't know what a MAC is, you will need to call the Technical support on their 090 number", and, after telling them to shove it, in no uncertain terms, I waited a month and still they held the line, although they didn't know it apparently. "we put forward a cease request, it should have been processed, this has never happed before.  I'll request another one for your line, terrably sorry for the inconveniance". this ran for another month before I finaly moved house to get the hell away from the usless scum.
not that i'm bitter  Grin
if you do get your call answered by a member of the orange staff that isn't a primate, and you get your MAC, just give the boys at PN a call and they will sort you out