cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Broadband to Fibre - yet another activation fee?

LastChance
Dabbler

Moving from Broadband to Fibre - yet another activation fee?

I am keen on upgrading to fibre, but as I've only just joined Plusnet (Broadband only) I have no wish to pay yet another activation fee. Can anyone confirm whether this is what would happen, in which case I won't bother.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving from Broadband to Fibre - yet another activation fee?

Hi LastChance,
If you were to move your line rental to us too we can waive the fibre activation fee.
We currently charge £15.95 per month for this or you could pay £155.88 for 12 months which is the equivalent of £12.99 per month.
Tariffs are here if you want to see them: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/anytime-international/
Call packages are here https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/package-guides/phone
Any questions just let me know!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LastChance
Dabbler

Re: Moving from Broadband to Fibre - yet another activation fee?

Hello Adam,
Many thanks for the quick response: my apologies for not getting back sooner, but I was away for the past few days.
It is in my interests to keep the phone/line rental with TalkTalk as they do offer better rates with regard to international calls - namely, up to one hour free at anytime (the implication that you can redial after 59 mins 59secs indefinitely). I commute a lot between Holand and England, so probably use the landline in England for about 20 hours a month.
If I had known that I would be subjected to two activation fees then I would probably have gone straight for this option to begin with. I would still like to upgrade, but do feel that paying yet another activation fee is a bit steep, so can you advise?