Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Moving from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre

The only thing which is the same about BT Retail and PN is that they ultimately answer to the same remote disinterested "top dog".  If the top dog was interested, they'd be ensuring that both retail CP operations were getting a better service from the other BT wings - BTw and BTOR - both of whom are quite inept!   Transferring in from BT Retail is no different than moving from any other ISP - they are procedurally and commercially separate enterprises required to follow Ofcom / BTw / BTOR processes / protocols.  One wonders here if the MAC code given was deliberately wrong to frustrate the transfer?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, we're chasing it - the orders are being placed correctly each time, we've got the MAC which is still valid and each order has been placed using it, but the supplier system is cancelling them for some reason. We've raised this with them and are chasing it to try and find out what's going on and more importantly get it fixed, we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything back.
Inam
Grafter

Matt, any idea what will happen when my mac code runs out? Is it worth getting new mac code from BT just on the safe side.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's ok for now as it doesn't expire until the 24th November, hopefully we'll have got this sorted by then.
Inam
Grafter

Any update? if my switch over to plusnet is not possible before 24th November then please let me know so I can get new mac code from BT as my current mac code will expire on 24th November.
I am bit worried that is my switch to plusnet is not completed before 24th November, BT might cut me off on 24 November as soon as my mac code is expired and I may end up with no internet connection.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hopefully this will have gone through before the 24th, I doubt you'll be able to get a new MAC until this one has expired as it would then invalidate this one.
I've spoken with Linn who has escalated this with our suppliers and we're hoping that we'll be able to place the new order tomorrow.
Inam
Grafter

But the question is if my old order doesn't get cancelled  before 24th November will my BT service carry on as normal and it will be just case  of getting new mac code from BT again.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It will yes if the MAC key you've given us isn't used.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Even if the MAC is used, according to the OFCOM rules in migration, BT should NOT terminate your service until the Plusnet service is up and running.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Inam
Grafter

But the mac code was used in original order the one we can't seem to cancel for some reason?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the orders are being cancelled the MAC hasn't actually been used.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
iballsas
Grafter

Hi Inam, did you ever get this resolved? We've been trying to get our fibre service switched from BT to plusnet since September and it still doesn't appear to have happened, but to make things worse, BT has now cut us off and plusnet text us last night to say our new service is du to go live by 28/11!
So we now have a week without fibre!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@iballsas
I've replied to your thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120421.0.html
Inam
Grafter

Any update guys? my mac code is expired now. It looks like either you don't want me or BT don't want to let me go Sad
Inam
Grafter

@iballsas, nothing sorted yet. Still waiting and my mac code is expired now.