cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre

Inam
Grafter

Moving from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre

After being on BT infinity for over 18 months I think it's time for a change to get better deal, just got a couple of questions;
I'm already on FTTC broadband with BT infinity 76/20 package, when I switch over to Plusnet will an engineer still visit my home?
If so will the white modem be changed for a new one?
Will the DLM on my line be reset?
If anyone's changed from BT infinity to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, have you seen much of a difference in service\speed\p2p downloads\gaming\ping etc..?
Cheers for any help
67 REPLIES 67
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Moving from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre

Hi Inam,
Welcome to Plusnet and our community forums.
They'll be no need for an engineer to attend to install your services, you'll use the current modem you already have and you'll receive a router from us prior to to your switch over date.
We'll confirm your switch over date later today.
We don't throttle your speeds and we use a traffic management system which should help you get the best out of your connection - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml
Inam
Grafter

Hi Chris, any update on my switch from bt infinity to plus net?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It looks like the original order cancelled due to some equipment error at the exchange, we've placed another one for you and our provisioning team will be checking on this.
It will take 5-7 working days to complete, you can view the ticket which I've updated here.
Inam
Grafter

Thanks for update Chris, how come no body informed me about cancellation though? I really need to move over to plusnet before 15th otherwise BT will charge me for another month.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Inam,
Unfortunately we didn't get any notifications advising that the order had cancelled, that's why we've raised a ticket through to our provisioning team - so we can keep an eye on it. As Chris says this should be done in 5-7 working days so should be in plenty of time before the 15th.
Inam
Grafter

Thanks Matt, one more question will the DLM on my line will be reset once I connected with plusnet fibre?
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, yes the DLM will reset and the line will retrain once the migration is done Smiley
Inam
Grafter

Any news on my appointment date or my switch date from bt infinity to plusnet fibre? Thanks in advance.
Inam
Grafter

Can some one have a look and let me know what's happening with my order please. I thought my switch will complete on 15th Nov but there was update yesterday which doesn't make any sense to me.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Inam,
I'm chasing this with our provisioning team now. Unfortunately it looks like this second order has also been cancelled, so we're looking at that for you and should have an update on your account very soon.
Regarding the ticket update, that was being put on hold until a couple of days before the order so it could be checked on again, it's standard practice for the ticket to be on hold for a short while during the order process.
Hope that helps explain.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Can plusnet please add the member account of order status, so the customer can keep an eyes on the order up to date. It's rather annoyed to kept asked the staff here has the order gone through ok or not? A status of the order via member account would save time of asking staff here.
Inam
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Matt, Please get this sorted in next couple of days other wise I will have to cancel my order completely and stay with BT. I don't want to get into a situation where my switch to plustnet is still incomplete and BT cut me off as well and I end up with no internet connection. I can't  understand whey it's taking so long where I have already got fibre connection installed with BT.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I agree, It shouldn't take long from BT to Plusnet as a migrated switch over. Because BT and Plusnet are the same supplier.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: goldenadsl
Because BT and Plusnet are the same supplier.

As are AAISP, Zen, Eclipse, EE, IDNet, Vispa, Post Office, even Sky (non-LLU), TalkTalk (non-LLU), Virgin Media (non-cable) etc., etc.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)