cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from ADSL Max to ADSL 2+

weephil76

Moving from ADSL Max to ADSL 2+

Hi,

I am connected to the Winchburgh exchange via Cabinet 3.  It is showing that we can receive ADSL 2+ with speeds of up to 17Mbps download and I've been informed by Plusnet support that my account has been updated some time ago to be able to receive ADSL 2+.  However, I'm not seeing any difference in speed than when we were on ADSL Max.  The Plusnet website says we should get speeds of up to 17Mbps, as does dslchecker.  When I look at the BT wholesale speed checker and run further diagnostics it shows a maximum of 7Mbps.  We are etting somewhere in the region of 4.5Mbps.

I've been in contact with support and have been sent an email that is saying to raise a fault with BT but I'm reluctant to do so as I'm not sure what is going on now.

Thanks

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Moving from ADSL Max to ADSL 2+

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
weephil76

Hi Chris, I did that twice this afternoon, the further diagnostic tests. If you require me to do it again then let me know please.

Thanks
Phil
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Odd, the results aren't showing where I'd expect them to be. From testing your line it's showing as ADSL2+ but well below the estimates. I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
weephil76

Fault has been raised. Thanks.