cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving broadband

AndyGrayUK

Moving broadband

I want to move to Orange BB as I've just gotten a new Orange mobile so can get it for £10 p/m with unlimited downloads, however I am still in PlusNet's broadband your way Option 2 contract because I took out the free wireless router option.
What should I do?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moving broadband

How long ago did you take the router.
If you move now you could be liable for the cost of the router if it is less than 12 months ago
However before jumping you should look here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_13=1&isp_77=1&commit=Compare and here http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/caps.htm and here http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/unlimited_ISPs.htm and here http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/ISP_ratings_compared.php?ispCount=36&chooseISP20=Orange&chooseISP22=Plusne...
You will see from Kitz site that it isn't unlimited by any stretch of the imagination and there is no free overnight period
Depending on your usage and the exchange status (Market 3 or not) have you thought about the new products
AndyGrayUK

My only priority is more gigs to download, I'm half way till the next billing and am already out of my package paying extra for all the internet I use now.
£19.99 a month on an 18 MONTH CONTRACT? no thanks!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you don't take a free router or house move changing to one of the new packages isn't an 18 month contract, it's 12.
If you are on a Market 3 exchange Unlimited is £15.99
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyGrayUK

I did get the free router, and at the time of signing up it was just a 12 month contract. And I can only get the £19.99 one.
Dick:quote
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I moved from Orange to Plusnet because of the problems I had with Horrange! - always slow speeds,lost connections etc - told outright lies by Orange CS (In Mumbai or wherever!)about my potential line speeds  and then finally  billing problems when I left,,threatened with legal action for money I didn't owe.
I suggest you look at forums like Orangeproblems before you jump.Be aware that you may save money .... but at what cost to your sanity?? Cry
AndyGrayUK

I emailed PlusNet about moving two days ago... Where's my reply?!
James
Grafter

Hiya - I've asked someone in that team to respond.
We generally wouldn't action Mac Key requests via tickets - we accept requests by letter and by phone.
AndyGrayUK

Thank you, I just asked via support if any penalty fees would occur.
AndyGrayUK

No reply still, usually takes less than a day for a simple reply.
What's going on?!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It may have escaped your notice but two days of the week (Saturday and Sunday) are called the weekend. Many people don't work over the weekend (including the Comms team who pick up most queries in these forums).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us, our cancellations team will pick up your ticket tomorrow morning as they don't work over weekends.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyGrayUK

Quote from: jelv
It may have escaped your notice but two days of the week (Saturday and Sunday) are called the weekend. Many people don't work over the weekend (including the Comms team who pick up most queries in these forums).

Thank you for your sarcasm, but I raised the ticket on Wednesday and usually recieve a reply within less than a day and it just seemed weird.
Thanks Chris.