Did you mean: 

Moving between Fibre Products Split off

pieplanter
Grafter

Moving between Fibre Products Split off

Quote from: Oldjim
That isn't correct as the OP is on Fibre
Upgrading to Fibre Extra starts a new 18 month contract

That's not correct either.  Prior to signing up (less than a month ago) PN confirmed to me that swapping between Fibre Broadband and Extra Fibre Broadband, both ways, as often as you like, is as easy as flicking a switch, and does not affect your contract.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  thread split and tidied up with title change mod:end
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Usage Limits - Have I underestimated? - Breakdown.

You were given duff info:
[quote=http://community.plus.net/8020-fibre-faq/#10]If I switch to the new 76Mbps Extra Fibre product and have problems then can I move back?
Whilst it’s possible to move you back to the 38Mbps service, we’re confident that we’ll be able to resolve any problems that you encounter on the new Extra Fibre product. You can downgrade to Value Fibre at any time (the change will be scheduled for your next billing date). However if you choose to go back to our Extra product, you will be subject to a new 18 month contract.
Note the last sentence.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pieplanter
Grafter

Oh dear...I don't know if I'll be allowed this but I'm trying to upload a part screen dump of a 'chat' I had prior to signing up.  The PN rep clearly said moving up and down does not affect the contract
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Well done for keeping that. I suspect that if the official situation is that it should start a new contract they will still honour the commitment in your case.
There is a difference on the fibre products when changing from Value to Extra and back which doesn't happen on the standard ADSL products: the connection speed is either 40/10 or 80/20 and to change that I believe Plusnet have to pay a fee to BT (there's no equivalent on the non-fibre products). It may be that they'll tell you that although they'll let you change the usage allowance they will not switch you between the speeds.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Pieplanter,
Thanks for the upload and information.
My colleague has advised you incorrectly unfortunately, when moving from Extra to Value their is no re-contract, however when moving from Value to Extra there is then a re-contract as there is a charge from our suppliers to do this.
I'll feedback to my colleague that advised you of this incorrect information and apologies for that.
pieplanter
Grafter

Hi Chris
I'm conscious of 'high-jacking' the OP's thread but an apology is not acceptable.  The ability to change, without affecting the contract, was central to our decision to go with PN.  How do you suggest we take this further?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moving between Fibre Products Split off

Split off as this needs it's own thread without cluttering up the original threead
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Pieplanter
I've sent you a PM.