cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

WayneOneLove

Moving House

Ive been with plusnet for over a year with unlimited broadband, line rental with evening/weekend calls and I'm moving house.
Rang up to sort it out and was told my options are either:
a) Pay £75 fee. Or b) take out the same package again but this time for 24 months, at a higher price, with lower DL speeds.
Seems rather unfair. Either pay a chunk of money or take out a worse internet package for longer.
If I cant keep my old contract can I choose a new one? Or do I have to start a 24 months contract paying full whack unlimited broadband and line rental?
Is there anything for existing customers?
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.
Regards,
Wayne.
4 REPLIES 4
KatC
Grafter

Re: Moving House

Hi there, welcome to the forums.
You can opt to pay the house move fee upfront of £65 if you wish to retain your current contract. If a new line installation is required at the new property this would come at an addition cost. Alternatively, we can cover the fee for you if you were to take out anew contract with us. If you have contacted our house move team to discuss the options available, they would have provided you with the best deal available for the area (pricing may vary on the market area) as it is beneficial for us to retain our customers.
WayneOneLove

Thanks for the reply.
Shame you didnt actually say anything.
It appears my best option is to go with another ISP.
Thanks again. You can delete this thread if you like.
Regards,
Wayne.
KatC
Grafter

There's no need to delete the thread. Sorry to hear you are not happy with the response. Hope you find the best deal available for you, if you do decide to take our service with you to the new property please contact our house move to arrange this.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Wayne,
Do note that you might face service termination fees at the old property, consisting of broadband cease fees and early contract exit fees.  They could amount to a value greater than the house move fees.
You would need to ask retentions . house moves about such potential costs of leaving.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.