cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House - Post Office 'Home Phone' and PlusNet Broadband

fonebone
Grafter

Moving House - Post Office 'Home Phone' and PlusNet Broadband

Hmm.. I bet there is an easy way and a hard way...
..So, anyone prepared to give out a simple list of the steps needed, in chronological order, in order to move house 32 miles away and retain Post Office 'Home Phone' and PlusNet Broadband?
I've been on the web at PlusNet and found 'simultaneous provide' and 'This is currently a trial project run by BT Wholesale' .
I've phoned Post Office 'Home Phone' for a chat and been told to 'get a CBJ reference number from PlusNet
- (Order Matching reference number)' so that I can then phone their Home Phone Movers Team.
A search at PlusNet Community Forum on "CBJ" didn't find anything...
How am I doing so far..?
Basically, I'm just looking for the simplest possible manouevre.. a few days downtime not a problem..
tia
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Moving House - Post Office 'Home Phone' and PlusNet Broadband

Hiya,
I'm not entirely sure what the Post Office are on about, but as far as I can tell, you don't have a telephone service with us, so in order to get a simultaneous provide code (sometimes referred to as a "fast peter") you would need to speak to BT Retail, or whoever you are currently paying your line rental too.
Once you have that reference number, you should be able to give it to the Post Office, as well as us, so that we can place an order with BT Wholesale to provide your broadband at your new house.
Any reason why you're looking at the Post Office rather than us for your telephone service?
fonebone
Grafter

Thanks James. Nice of you to bring it up at the beginning so we can get it out of the way. My dad is 83 years old. We are both on Post Office 'Home Phone' because then we can both phone each other 24 / 7 for free. I realise I could swich to PlusNet phone and still get the free evenings and weekend and don't think I haven't thought about it, but 83 years old is, currently, King. ( They also recently started giving out free calls on the weekend to usa and canada landlines and mobiles. Well, you did ask..!  lol )
"so in order to get a simultaneous provide code (sometimes referred to as a "fast peter") you would need to speak to BT Retail, or whoever you are currently paying your line rental too."
Hmm.. discrepancy here.. I'm paying Post Office 'Home Phone' for the line rental and they are already telling me yesterday in my tentative phone call to: "get a CBJ reference number from PlusNet - (Order Matching reference number)"

James
Grafter

Thanks for getting back to me - completely understanding the reasoning behind moving to the Post Office Smiley
There should be no reason why the Post Office would need a reference number from us.  We don't have anything to do with your telephone line.  they should be able to generate the Simultaneous Provide for you, which you could subsequently give us to place the broadband order.
I've had a quick Google and I can't easily find anything to do with a CBJ reference number, so I'm still at a loss at what they're after.  We can tell you what your original order number was, but that's of no use to you and we can't place a Simultaneous Provide order without you getting that code from them first.
fonebone
Grafter

Thanks James. I'll phone them again tonite when I get home.
fonebone
Grafter

S'cuse the delay, I was in the attic all last night getting all the empty boxes down and wiping 5 years of dust off the them.. clean forgot to phone the Post Office...
..anyway, I just got thro first time to their actual Home Phone Movers Team (the first guy gave me the extension numbers) and just as soon as I can give them the exact address they'll give me an Order Match Reference for a Simultaneous Provide that I will be able to pass on to PlusNet - they just need a 10 working days advance notice.
Bingo.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The 10 working days is a minimum, but if you can give more notice it's always best to do so, just to help things go a little more smoothly.