cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home Question

Phil_Collins
Grafter

Moving Home Question

I am moving house at the end of the month. There are no problems with moving my phone I can keep my present number as it is the same exchange.
Will there be any problems moving my ADSL connection ?
ie. are there any charges or fees etc ?
Any help greatly appreciated.
PC
8 REPLIES 8
bskyb

Re: Moving Home Question

It should be all on the FAQs on the Metronet website, I came across the very topic yesterday. Sorry I don't have the specific link to hand, but I think there is a 1-off charge. Not too expensive, if I remember correctly.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi
In my experience, it took about a week to reconnect the ADSL when I moved house and kept my same number. For some reason its more difficult at the exchange  if you keep your number and move house.
This was about 2 years ago so things may have changed, but I somehow don't think so!
Jeff
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There is a charge of £40 to move your broadband between houses, this is because BT treat this as a cessation at the old address (which is free) and a new provide at the new address, which costs £40. In your case however this cost can be deferred on to your account and provided you keep your service with us for 12 months following the move you will not be required to pay the deferred cost.
Hope this helps,
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Cost wise what is situation fot a PN move that invloves change of exchange?
Moderators note by John (John_Essex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum Rules
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
James
Grafter

Any kind of reprovide costs £40.  It does not matter if it is the same, or a different exchange.  Every broadband activation is charged by BT Wholesale at £40.
Phil_Collins
Grafter

Thanks for the help ..  Wink
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

This post from James is also a useful read:
http://community.plus.net/csc/2007/05/28/house-moves-processes-payments-and-problems/
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Phil_Collins
Grafter

My simultaneous house move went very well except for Plusnet cutting my ADSL connection 13 days early for some reason best known to the person who threw the switch.
However PN were good enough to accept that they had made a mistake and refunded me my last months payment.
Thank you Plusnet.