cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to new build. Kept Plusnet. Hard work.

hebburn68
Hooked

Moved to new build. Kept Plusnet. Hard work.

Hi. Long story short. We moved out of old property on 26/8/17. 

Eventually the BT engineer visited today and set the new house up after Plusnet saying an engineer wouldn't be required.

Anyway, the router is showing an amber coloured light and the B is flashing red. I've been through the trouble shooter thing online but it says possibly we need to wait for the avctivation date.

Given that connection was shut off literally the moment the clock struck 00:01 on 26/8/17 I don't see any reason as to why we have to wait any longer and they've known about the engineer visiting since 06/9/17. Surely they could have just set today as the activation day? Nothing seems easy when it comes to moving house and broadband!

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Moved to new build. Kept Plusnet. Hard work.

Hi there.

Eventually the BT engineer visited today and set the new house up after Plusnet saying an engineer wouldn't be required.

Looking through the order notes with Openreach, I can't see where we've been advised no appointment was required. Apologies for the information you received from our support team with regards to that.

Anyway, the router is showing an amber coloured light and the B is flashing red. I've been through the trouble shooter thing online but it says possibly we need to wait for the avctivation date.

As it's a new build address, we had to place your phone order first then the fibre order once that completed. I'll place it now and we'll confirm your activation date via the ticket on your account shortly.

Since this will require an engineer to visit the cabinet [access won't be required to your property], it is subject to engineer availability. Apologies in advance for any delays.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst trying to place your fibre order we've hit a bit of a road block. Line records indicate that fibre isn't available at your address. It may just be that the records haven't yet updated following the installation of your new line.

I have raised a TAGs query with our suppliers to investigate this. The lead time for these type of requests is 3-5 working days and we'll be in touch when we have more info.

In the meantime, we could place an order for standard broadband instead to get your broadband service back up and running as soon as possible? We could then modify the service to fibre broadband once it's showing as available.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hebburn68
Hooked

Hello.

Thanks for your message. We'd be happy with any kind of connection in the meantime as it's rapidly approaching one month without any service. Can you advise how we'd go about requesting standard broadband in the meantime?

Thanks.
Alex.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll place the broadband order for you now Alex and I'll update your ticket too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet