Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - a few questions

bartstope
Grafter

Moved house - a few questions

Hey everyone,
I've recently moved house and I'm noticing my upload speed is pretty slow, my broadband was only activated today, so can i assume there will be a period of line training?
at the moment, my upload speed is 380 kbps from about 800-900kbps from where i used to live. my download speed is 4862kbps which i'm happy with.
So, will it get any better or is this as good as it gets?
8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Moved house - a few questions

Depends!
Depends on your line length / quality.
It would be helpful if you can post your router stats here please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bartstope
Grafter

Hello townman,
Is this the info you need?
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7779 kbps 443 kbps
Line Attenuation 47.0 db 23.3 db
Noise Margin 4.3 db 23.5 db
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You're on a capped upstream connection - if you hang on till the morning, the DCT will get it uncapped for you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: bartstope
my download speed is 4862kbps which i'm happy with.

Is this a data transfer speed result?  It is markedly different from your synch speed.  Your PN profile might need adjusting.  You should check your BT line profile (found on the BT broadband speed test diagnostic) against the line speed reported in he PN portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bartstope
Grafter

Thank you everyone, the BT speedtester won't recognise my details, but apparently my line can support 6.5mbps, so that would pretty much tie in with my sync speed. I can't find what my PN profile is in my account settings, but when i moved house it told me that i could expect speeds of 4mbps, so i think the theory of a capped line is the right one. what do i need to do to get it lifted?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Your Current Line speed (Login required)  Wink
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi bartstope,
I've changed your speed profile to match your sync speeds(6.5Mb/s). I've also placed a modify order to uncap your upload speed which will complete tomorrow.
Chris
bartstope
Grafter

Just like to say thank you everyone that helped me out - and thanks Chris, what great service - my broadband is super speedy now!
Thanks again.