cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - Connection confusion

mikaaay

Moved house - Connection confusion

Hi,
I moved into my new house at the end of june. I let Plusnet know that the new phone line (same number) would be activated on the 5th of July. I received a message back on my help assistant on the 29th of June that the process would take up to 5 working days to complete after the BT line was active. So far, so good...
I received this message on the help assistant on the 7th of July :
***** CSC Analyst  12:48pm, Wednesday 7th July 2010
Dear Mr *****,
We have now placed the order to activate your broadband service on your new line. This is due to complete on the 14/07/2010.
Reference: 1-5737191555
This ticket will remain with the House Moves team until your move is complete. If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre at http://help.plus.net or you can call us on 08451 400 200.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 14th July at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves until this time.
Kind regards,
So the 14th came and went.
I called pn customer support who then told me that my order had been cancelled, however the cancelled order had a different reference number than the one I was given in the previous help assistant answer and that number had disappeared from the system!
It seems that no-one really knows what is going on and the csc I spoke to on the phone could not access the new system because he hadn't yet received log on details?! He left this in the help assistant after our phone call :
[Internal]
1-2MVY6OL
[08/07/2010 13:27:21] - Good morning. Please be advised the order has been cancelled in our suppliers systems due to insufficient lead
time. We are currently awaiting for the order to fully cancel in Bt Wholesale systems. Please re-submit the order once the cancellation
has completed. Thank you.

[Internal] Please confirm what is going on with this order. The order Reference: 1-5737191555 does not show in BBCR and the only other order shows as cancelled. The EU does not have broadband service.
Kind regards,
This was posted at 12.54am on the 15th of July and I still havent heard anything back. I wasn't even notified that any order had been cancelled on the 8th of July?
Can anyone please clarify what is going on?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moved house - Connection confusion

Hi there,
I'll go and dig into this now and see if I can clear things up.
Apologies for any confusion so far, I'll get back to you ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

To explain in more detail the order was cancelled due to a recent issue our suppliers had affecting some orders in your region. It was caused by some system changes to the way bank holidays are discounted from order lead times in Northern Ireland and Scotland.
I can see that we could have handled this a bit better and given you more information and a much clearer response, if we had I'm sure I might not be answering this thread now so feedback will be given to those that have responded to you so far. I will also review how this was communicated to support as there has been widespread awareness of this issue and responses like this are definitely a concern.
I'm about to raise a new order for you with as short a lead time as possible. As soon as I have I'll add an update to ticket 34017528 for you.
Any questions, please drop us a reply.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikaaay

Thanks for the prompt response, Adam. And thank you for the information concerning the order  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
We've requested an expedite on this order from our suppliers now and we're just waiting for an expected date to come back. We'll update you again when we know more.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team