cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from talktalk to plus.net connection problem.

DarrenE

Moved from talktalk to plus.net connection problem.

Hi, I moved from talktalk because of the price increase but im having problems with packet lose in games like call of duty but i never had this problem with talktalk... The profile they had me on was 8fsnr12 if that will help. I had interleaving turned off already as i get lower pings like i did with talktalk... My download and upload speed is good it is just the packet lose im getting. I have already opened a ticket.. could you check that im on the same profile as before? Also i would not like a enginer to come out as i know the problem isnt here and the price of a visit.
This is my line stats with plus.net -----------------------------
System uptime: 27:45:04
 Modem ADSL (Sync) uptime: 27:44:19
 Interleaving: Off
 ADSL mode: ADSL2+
 ADSL settings: PVC:0/38
 ADSL line speed (kbps): up 1051 down 4602
 Line attentuation (dB): up 32.1 down 56.0
 SN margin (dB): up 5.8 down 3.3
 Total errors seconds: 3383
This was my stats with talktalk ---------------------------
Modem DSL(Sync) uptime 47:49:50
ADSL Mode G.DMT
Interleaving Off
DSL Line Speed
up 800 kbps
down 4352 kbps
Line Attenuation
up 31.5
down 57.5
SN Margin
up 12.0
down 12.5
Total Errors Seconds 3620
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Moved from talktalk to plus.net connection problem.

Hi DarrenE,
Your line is dropping quite a bit, particularly in the evenings, the SNR is fluctuating quite a bit as are the speeds. I see you've opened a fault ticket and we've got an engineer booked to try to stablise the line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DarrenE

Hi Chris
I am waiting for the enginer to come. I asked yesterday to have interleaving kept off always as i game a lot and i cant play with it on... Could you please make sure that it is kept off for me? I dont mind the disconnections so much but what i do mind is the packet loss and interleaving being turned on. I must of disconnected about 2 hours ago.. Hopefuly the enginer finds the problem and fixes it as im sure it must be at the exchange or something wrong with BT's equipment as with talktalk it was all good.
 System uptime: 18:49:23
 Modem ADSL (Sync) uptime: 2:17:44
 Interleaving: On
 ADSL line speed (kbps): up 864 down 5347
 Line attentuation (dB): up 33.5 down 56.0
 SN margin (dB): up 9.4 down 2.6
 Total errors seconds: 446
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi DarrenE.
I've placed a order to turn interleaving off permanently on your line. This will complete tomorrow for you.
Fingers crossed the engineer gets the issue sorted for you.
If you have any further issues let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DarrenE

Hi,
The enginer said there was no problems with my line or equipment in the flat so he done something at the green box at the end of the road and said he put me on a shorter line because when i switched over  from talktalk to plus.net they might of put me on a longer line and he said i might get disconnects for the next 10 days as its a new line and it needs to stabilize. Hopefuly it is fixed but the main thing i would like to know will there be a charge for him doing that work or coming out?
Thank you
Darren
 System uptime: 0:46:42
 Modem ADSL (Sync) uptime: 0:08:32
 Interleaving: On
 ADSL line speed (kbps): up 864 down 6222
 Line attentuation (dB): up 30.3 down 53.0
 SN margin (dB): up 11.7 down 4.0
 Total errors seconds: 6
Dick:quote
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good to hear that he's carried out some work.
You won't be charged as the fault wasn't with anything in your control such as the the router or the microfilter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DarrenE

It has been almost a month from when i joined you and the internet tonight was so bad with the packet loss and disconnecting it is getting to the point of stupidity. A comapny cant take this long to fix a problem or maybe your network is like this all the time i am not sure but with talktalk i never had problems with my internet and i know the problem is not here i think it is at the exchange as i had a engineer out here but i knew there was nothing wrong here any way. If the problem cant be fixed soon i will have to look for a new ISP. Will there be any charges for leaving the contract as your company cant seem to provide the service so there shouldnt be any charge to leave right? I used 3 differnt routers to try stop the packet loss and disconnections and 8 filters and changed all the wires with new ones... I need this fixed soon as i cant game with how bad the packet loss is also i do not want interleaving on so please do not put that back on as it makes things worse and dont fix the packet loss.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear the connection issues are ongoing.
Our faults team are still investigating this for you and they'll be in touch as soon as possible.
With regards to releasing you from your contract what would be down to our Faults team to decide however we do need time to investigate first.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DarrenE

I had the second enginers come out and they said the line is fine the only thing they said is i should be using a plus.net router not talktalk but that didnt make a differnce as i had 2 other routers i tested it with thats not branded from a isp. The internet has been good the past 2 days for some reason so hopefuly it stays the same now... I think some work was done 2 days ago like 30 mins before plus.net phoned me for a new enginer to come as my phone line and internet was dead for like 5 mins from then its been a lot better just getting packetloss some times but its not as bad. I hope there is no charge as there is no problem with the line here and equipment like i been telling you from when i joined you it was after i switched to you from talktalk then the problems started.
DDNewCust
Grafter

DarrenE
Just to let you know, I am also in the same boat having moved from TalkTalk to PlusNet. In my case the download speeds went down by about 1/2.  I suspect the exchange end doesn't cope as well with the PlusNet  as it did with TalkTalk, at least in my case. May be in yours.
Good luck
Dave.