cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Home...Stressfull or what!

alkeels69

Moved Home...Stressfull or what!

Hi all,
This maybe be more of a rant than anything.
I moved into my new house on the 15th June, and i must say that the most stressfull thing so far has been sorting out my Phone Line and Broadband.
After much debate with BT i finally got my phoneline actiavated on the 25th June, A few day before this i placed my order with Plusnet, I am a returning customer to plusnet.
When my line went active i contact plusnet to let them know so the order could be pushed through.
I recieved an text from plusnet this morning saying 'Unfortunately we are unable to proceed with your order as there is an existing broadband service on your line'
Typical i thought, so i rang plusnet and explained that i had just moved in and got the number changed any service that is being provided is not mine, the lady checked the line while i was on the phone and said that the line shows that there is no current provider to my line, she put me on hold and spoke with the Provisioning department and then come back to say that there is no service but the line is currently connected to a Shred LLU (whatever than means) and that the team will speak to BT Wholesale and that i shoulod hear back in about 24-48hours.
Why oh Why do i get this feeling that this problem is going to drag on and that everyone will be blaming eachother and nothing will get sorted.
So at the moment until this is sorted i am commuting into london everyday as opposed to Working from home which i would normally be doing.
And to top it off, i thought i would look round the property last night to find my Master Socket, and could find anything apart from what looks like some extension sockets, i managed to trace one all the way back to a Plate by my front door which was just a blanking plate, i opened this up to find the external phoneline connected to a junction block the leading to the first of my extensions no master socket.  Angry - Has anyone else had this problem should i be able to contact BT about this and they should come and fit a master socket?
OK rant over, fingers crossed i am wrong and this all gets sorted smoothly  Wink
Alkeels69
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moved Home...Stressfull or what!

Hi there,
I guess you're getting the line installed by BT, in which case if an engineer visit needs to be booked you should get a new master socket fitted. If it's them installing the line it would definitely be worth contacting them to advise what you've found.
alkeels69

Hey Matt,
My line is already installed and active, so i haven't got an engineer coming out, but do you think i should still let BT know my concerns?, thing is i don't want to be charged for a engineer visit
Maybe i will wait to plusnet have set-up my Broadband and i will see if i get any issues
Alkeels69
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just checked the line and it was showing clear, so I've set our system to place an automated order for you later on this morning when the script runs. You should be online in 5-7 working days or so.
alkeels69

Thanks Matt,
Hoping it will be sooner rather than later as the Mrs is nagging me cos she can't get on facebook  Grin
Cheers
alkeels69

Hi,
Another quick question, i have had the email to say that i should be all set-up for 6th July.
But the online tracker says that tests are still being done on my line and not even got to the step of 'ordering the broadband' yet, is this right?
I would of thought at this stage they should be shipping my equipment out to me so it is here ready for the 6th which is only 3 working days away.
Any update would be great
Many Thanks
Alkeels69
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi alkeels69,
I've ordered that for you, not sure why the install diary is not following the order but it'll all come good on the 6th I can assure you. The router should be with you Monday I suspect, if not Saturday morning.