Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to adsl2+ please

FIXED
warren18a
Grafter

Move to adsl2+ please

Hi all,

My broadband went live today, unfortunately there was no fresh reset and I’m still on g.dmt from last supplier.
I have always found the most stable to be adsl2 .
I do however believe I am on 21cn.

Can I request to be switched to adsl2+ With a fresh retrain, then I can modulate to 992.3 on my router. Thanks
40 REPLIES 40
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Move to adsl2+ please

Welcome aboard @warren18a 

I've placed an order to move you onto ADSL2 now which should go through on Monday next week.

It looks like we've provisioned you on ADSL1 over BT's 21CN infrastructure due to far you are from the exchange, being on ADSL2+ isn't always better for long lines because of the higher broadband frequencies that it uses.

I've also done a full SNR reset of your line. Could you power down your router for 30 seconds in around 4 hours time? Once it's back up again you'll be in a 10 day training period.

Let us know how you get on

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
warren18a
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks very much for that, very much appreciated.
Indeed your correct, in the past the 2plus hasn’t been great, but I found that adsl2 (992.3) always worked best on my line, same frequency as g.dmt but better correction etc. Best of both worlds really.
I can just uncheck adsl2+ on my billion to force adsl2. Worst comes to worst, I can force back to gmt as well Smiley

Again, thanks a lot 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Warren,

Ah nice. No problem at all, that makes sense and sounds good.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
warren18a
Grafter

Done the power cycle, but haven’t seen any difference as yet.
One thing I did notice that I never had to this extent before is a very high CFC/es rate, if you had a minute maybe you could run your eye over it? Haven’t noticed any issues, just afraid of DLM having a fit .
I have no extensions or bell wire, straight in master. Have tried two routers and two different filters and getting same result.
Cheers
warren18a
Grafter

550D174C-F641-4A39-B0EC-1780C57D0776.png

26F8596F-85B9-4AF7-B5FB-03DC25446A54.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah I noticed the very high error rate yesterday. Who was your previous provider out of interest? If they used their own equipment at the exchange whereas we use BT's, that may be where the issue lies so we might need to raise a fault and arrange an engineer visit although the line's in a training period so DLM may resolve the errors

Let us know how your connection looks next week once you're on ADSL2+

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
warren18a
Grafter

Was actually with BT, so same network Smiley

Only used to have about 20es a day, now in the thousands. Nothing has changed in the house. So am assuming must be a fault between exchange and myself somewhere. Long crappy country lines , a regular Occurance Smiley
Just don’t want dlm to have a fit, not noticing any problems with performance on my devices.
I had read on another post about a ‘custom profile’, maybe locking it at 6snr with heavy interleaving and change the error threshold to a stupidly high figure, so dlm won’t bother to intervene?
I’m out in the sticks so faults quite regular occurance, handier if dlm doesn’t bother.
Sorry for all the hassle, just I’m inside my 10 day cancellation so was trying to get all sorted before it runs out Wink
Cheers, much appreciated
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah that makes it even more odd although not odd in the sense that the line's long, on the bright side good views out in the country? I'm stuck in a city (Sheffield, and I say stuck, I love it) although we do have the peak district nearby. Smiley

Upon placing the modify order to ADSL2+ while I didn't set a custom threshold I did leave interleaving on as automatic and increased the stability profile from the standard/speed one to a stable config. I can set a custom threshold if we need to.

No problem at all, I'd recommend raising a fault to us at faults.plus.net if there are still errors or other issues come next week and we'll arrange an engineer visit. I'm out of the office on the 17th and 18th but one of my colleagues should hopefully be able to get back to you here in my absence if needed.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
warren18a
Grafter

When I say in the sticks, I mean really in the sticks up a mountain lol just old lines, openreach know our roads very well indeed 😂 no fibre here and no plans to upgrade, too far from the exchange, the joys of country living.

That’s grand, we’ll see how the goes 992.3 goes and can raise a fault if needed. I know last time lightening had struck a pole down the road.

Cheers for all the help, your a gent 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha awesome, one of these days I'm sure you'll get fibre ‌😬

No problem and sounds good ‌‌Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
warren18a
Grafter

Hi all,

So just an update on what’s happening now.

The switch to adsl2 occurred last night and now getting zero errors! I don’t know if a setting was off or something before because over the weekend was getting 2000 errors seconds an hour! Whatever openreach done has fixed the error issue, not getting any crc or es at all now 👍

The only problem is, since there was tens of thousands of errors all weekend and drops connection during the training period, dlm has now increased the snr to 10 down, killing a lot of speed.

I was wondering if possible could you guys kindly reset me again to get the snr back to normal , now I have a nice clean error free line. Will give the line a chance to train properly now the errors have all disappeared .

Thanks alot

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thank you for reaching out.

I've had a look into the line configuration on our end and it appears to have been configured correctly, based on your line speed and stability.

Saying that, I've decreased the downstream SNR ratio down to 6dB in the hope of increasing your speeds.

Please let us know how you get on, and we'll be happy to help.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
warren18a
Grafter

Cheers Adam , when is the change likely to take effect?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @warren18a,

The change should take place over the course of the next few hours, but it's best to keep an eye on how things perform over the coming days. If you notice any issues, just drop us another message on here and we'll be happy to help out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team