cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to ADSL2

mrbez
Dabbler

Move to ADSL2

I've recently moved home, and it took me a while to find the master socket (I had 5 sockets!). Plus I had to fix up some dodgy wiring, but got there eventually. However with all the messing I managed to do LOTS of resyncing and got my SNR margin set to 15db.
After several weeks of raising tickets to see if my SNR target could be changed I was told no (despite just seeing that some people on here have managed to get this done). Atm I have 16 days of sync and the DSLAM still hasn't dropped the SNR... there aren't that many CRCs either.
I've also noticed that I'm on ADSLMAX, I asked to be put on ADSL2 to be told I was already on ADSL2 - despite my router saying otherwise and my up sync speed being 448kbit.
I sent another ticket a few days ago requesting to be moved to ADSL2 which has been forwarded to another team, I've not heard anything yet.
Can someone have a look into it please? Thanks  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Move to ADSL2

Hi there,
It looks rock steady as is with the 15dB margin but to be honest with the speeds you're getting ADSL2 would probably be much the same sort of speeds.
Having said that either an SNR reset or an upgrade to ADSL2 would at least reset the line and allow it to retrain, hopefully at a lower SNR value. We'd be happy to try either way, whichever you'd prefer.
mrbez
Dabbler

Yep I know the speeds probably wouldn't change much - but I'll get more up speed though? And yes I was thinking it'd be the easiest way to retrain the line Smiley
Can you put in the change to ADSL2 please? How long does it usually take? Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Order placed, it'll complete tomorrow for you Smiley