Did you mean: 

Move to 21CN

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Move to 21CN

Hi Adam,
If things were any better in the test socket you would have seen an improvement to the sync speed (displayed as bandwidth on your router stats) so there's no advantage to leaving it in there really.
Fault ticket  33943266 is back with you at the moment so I am passing this back to us for our faults team to work on, letting a fault investigation run its course would seem to be the best course of action now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
charman31
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.
Do I need to do anything to pass it back?
charman31
Dabbler

Hi,
Could I have an update on my ticket  33943266 ?
Thanks
Adam
Word_Warrior
Grafter

A friend of mine is out in the stix (compared to me) and was asking how to improve things on his PN internet. He is currently on the 20CN and is gettting
Download...  1319kbps
Upload....    384kbps
I am getting way more but I am closer to the exchange, cables are underground and I am 21CN. I'm consistantly around the 5Mb download and 1Mb upload speeds. Is there any likelyhood that He'll get significantly faster speeds that would justify the purchase of an ADSL2+ router/modem for him.
If the difference is likely to be trifling then he may not want to fork out for a new modem/router.
What do the clever boys think?
P.S.
Can a standard ADSL router be used on a 21CN BB line? If so he could perhaps ask to be switched to 21CN then I can test the difference with my router and then advise him on a purchase.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi charman31,
Your ticket was updated last night.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, Word Warrior,
At those speeds there is unlikely to be any real difference on ADSL2, see here for a representation.
Jojo Smiley
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Hi, Word Warrior,
At those speeds there is unlikely to be any real difference on ADSL2, see here for a representation.
Jojo Smiley
that's what I feared, thanks.